Ford Ranger Wildtrak Bi-Turbo

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Just remember looking in to it for a customer and in 4H the centre diff is locked so can't be driven on the road, has to be a slippy surface like a lot of old 4x4's.
Really not sure, it has another 4wd button as well! Must test it in our gravel yard some time see what it all does.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
So I'm looking into a Ranger. Never had a pick up before but it may be necessary shortly. What would the real world fuel economy be like and day to living with it?

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
So I'm looking into a Ranger. Never had a pick up before but it may be necessary shortly. What would the real world fuel economy be like and day to living with it?
2.0 BI Turbo auto like mine round the doors best i can get is 24mpg, took it to Dublin and the south for 3 days, averaged 30mpg but soon as I was round the doors again it was creeping to mid 20's. Massive tank though so you don't really notice it.

davyk31

RMS Regular

There was a cheap lease deal posted in the leasing thread on here recently. Was for a Limited model which is high spec but just doesn’t have the Looks of a Wildtrak.
They are very non car like to drive so expect a bit of a bouncy ride and quite hard to the rear but a nice enough big vehicle if you can live with that.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
2.0 BI Turbo auto like mine round the doors best i can get is 24mpg, took it to Dublin and the south for 3 days, averaged 30mpg but soon as I was round the doors again it was creeping to mid 20's. Massive tank though so you don't really notice it.
That's hectic lol. What are the 2.2's like?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Have also heard the 2.2 is worse and the old 3.0 worse again. As Jas Lad says the new 2.0 10 speed is the most efficient.
got to remember they are huge heavy non aerodynamic vehicle

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That's hectic lol. What are the 2.2's like?

You’d be better with a Range Rover or something unless you’re buying new through a business and require a commercial vehicle for tax reason. More interior space, full 3.5t towing capacity, better MPG, a hell of a lot more comfortable and certainly easier driven/parked...

davyk31

RMS Regular
As above they are the company car specials and in those instances generally fuel costs don’t matter to the driver.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
You’d be better with a Range Rover or something unless you’re buying new through a business and require a commercial vehicle for tax reason. More interior space, full 3.5t towing capacity, better MPG, a hell of a lot more comfortable and certainly easier driven/parked...

I'm driving a pre dpf '07 Touareg 3L atm...remapped with EGR blanked and inlet flaps removed. Averaging 32, and does 38 on a run no bother, quite impressed with that and the general ride, they do seem to have niggly faults though. Super comfortable seats and ride, much better than newer model.