Former Top Gear Trio primed for Amazon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Sorry, a bit off topic here, but how do you go about stopping your TV licence? By that I mean what are the legal requirements?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Sorry, a bit off topic here, but how do you go about stopping your TV licence? By that I mean what are the legal requirements?

If you only watch catch up TV and nothing live including Sky, you don't need a licence. TV licences are only for watching live broadcast TV. That doesn't mean only live sport etc, it means watching programs as they are broadcast on the channel.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Haven't paid for a TV licence in years...and only use Netlfix. TV Licencing man wanted in to see the TV I told him I had but I politely declined and after a bit of a barney with him as I wouldn't give him my name which I didn't feel I needed to as I am not their customer he was told to do one and sodded off.

Every month I get a letter stating I'm going to jail for life. I could start my own insulation company with the amount I've shredded.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
The TV licence thing is crazy

But... you are all missing the point

Amazon have said make a show how "you want it" imagine the show without the BBC constraints & budget could be very good or pure tripe

I think it is good that such a popular show/trio/worldwide brand has been picked for new tech direction with streaming in mind rather thank Netflix or Amazon own brand tv like Vikings and such

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Top gear/clarkson, Hammond, may live was them working outside of the bbc's constraints and personally I thought I was brilliant, so I've no doubt they'll come out with some cracker episodes on Amazon.

The videography on BBC top gear was stunning, I wonder how it will compare now on Amazon, I presume it will be a completely different film and editing crew.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Top gear/clarkson, Hammond, may live was them working outside of the bbc's constraints and personally I thought I was brilliant, so I've no doubt they'll come out with some cracker episodes on Amazon.

The videography on BBC top gear was stunning, I wonder how it will compare now on Amazon, I presume it will be a completely different film and editing crew.

Amazon have plenty of experience using crews that have worked on major films and TV shows.

I wouldn't worry about the quality of camera work, it'll be just as good it not better than the BBC.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira

With Andy Wilman at the helm behind the scenes I think we have little to fear on that front.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Downloaded here as well. Amazon Prime isn't worth £79 a year. Netflix has much more content and can be pointed at the US version as well.

And Canadian and Swiss versions - All of which have different content ;)

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Bloody hell. No more blowing up old Sierras and whatnot with Russian tanks, they'll be blowing up brand new Lamborghinis now.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
At a 160m investment its 2m subscriptions over a 3 year period to break even, man maths 101. If anyone can pull serious viewers it's those 3 clampets.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
At a 160m investment its 2m subscriptions over a 3 year period to break even, man maths 101. If anyone can pull serious viewers it's those 3 clampets.

Thats not taking in to account the DVD's, calendars, soap on a rope, and other general tack they will flog every Christmas, plus there is a good chance they will sell the shows to other networks after a year or so

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Reactions: Gaz

Cess

RMS Staff
Watched on Saturday. Clarkson got a bit of stick, but nothing OTT. Richard Osman from Pointless didn't miss an opportunity to get the digs in, much to Clarkson's obvious annoyance.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
It's showtime...

image.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Watched on Saturday. Clarkson got a bit of stick, but nothing OTT. Richard Osman from Pointless didn't miss an opportunity to get the digs in, much to Clarkson's obvious annoyance.

It was a bit cringetastic just how much Richard was pushing it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.