Free ASP hosting??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

O.T.G.

anyone know of any really cheap or even better - totally free ASP web hosting services. ave already googled it but advice wud be better.

cheers

O.T.G.

OP
O.T.G.
to be honest it's really only to demonstrate a few sections of a website ave done for my disertation. wanted to have it all online instead of using the university server cos the uni server restricts stuff i dont want it to.

can i get back to you? would u not mind for a day or two?

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
With XP Pro you can install IIS to allow you to run asp files locally on your machine, you just select the folder that you have the asp files in, then use Internet Explorer or watever to view them.

If you have a laptop wud be easy enuf for you to set it up this way to demostrate your site.

PM me if you want step by steps on how to do this, its simple enuf.

Smick

O.T.G.

OP
O.T.G.
Smick said:
With XP Pro you can install IIS to allow you to run asp files locally on your machine, you just select the folder that you have the asp files in, then use Internet Explorer or watever to view them.

If you have a laptop wud be easy enuf for you to set it up this way to demostrate your site.

PM me if you want step by steps on how to do this, its simple enuf.

Smick

i know wot u mean mate. i think its the wwwroot folder in the windows folder you mean? unfortunatly am using XP home at home so thats not possible. am gonna get a lend of a laptop to demonstrate another thing so il attempt setting it up with it. in the mean time am using 1asphost.com

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.