Freelander 2 winter hack

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Scumtree does have it’s uses!

I have found a well written ad with no spelling mistakes makes all the difference! They seem to be able to speak properly and if you actually get a 'Hello' when you answer rather than a grunt, your onto a winner lol

I'm not sure it can be called a winter hack anymore, looks too smart for that. (y)

Agreed! Very little wrong with it...

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I have found a well written ad with no spelling mistakes makes all the difference! They seem to be able to speak properly and if you actually get a 'Hello' when you answer rather than a grunt, your onto a winner lol

Agreed! Very little wrong with it...

Haha! This was actually a Polish guy with good grammar lol, he had them up at £250, right away said he’d take £200 for them, would’ve been rude to refuse!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Does that mean that there is a disco sport rolling on 22's and murder tints somewhere? It's that or one sitting on bricks lol.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Does that mean that there is a disco sport rolling on 22's and murder tints somewhere? It's that or one sitting on bricks lol.

i didn’t ask where they came from :joy: :no_mouth:

Sweet. Get on to muddy freelanders group on Facebook and you’ll soon have it looking dirtier!

Not on Facebook but some ‘city folk’ off roading appeals :p

When does the carbon roof box go on?

Need some roof bars first :p:joy:

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
The Facebook is more like this type of thing!

5CCB7119-04B4-4741-AFEE-35DA3EF90375.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
What are you doing now you mad man? 🤣

Ac was out of gas, gassed it, compressor bearings **** themselves, noticed a leak on the condenser, so both those to do, drivers wing was rusty and got a good one of eBay, should keep me occupied this afternoon +o(

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
fair play mate, your definition of a winter hack is very different to mine lol.... my winter hack is lucky to get a wash

It’s become a bit more than that now unfortunately, Emma’s Mini is dead so she’s using this as a daily, still, I’d probably have done it all anyway :joy:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I have found the winter hack/daily driver soon gets under your skin and becomes part of the family. I couldn’t be without my 15 year old 5 series estate now.

Car is looking great and love the upgrades you have done @MarkM and I am sure means any miles done in the M4 is much more enjoyable

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'm the same with the passat. I like my cars to be right. Even down to silly things like replacing replacing cloudy wing mirror glass, etc.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Well apart from a minor random low speed cutting out issue that turned out to be a cheap fix with a crank sensor, the Freelander’s been great this year…….until now +o(
E47F581C-89A5-489B-B644-EF37097A83C6.jpeg

Terrible running and using a lot of fuel, plugged in to be greeted with this cluster****, seems to be a throttle body, anyone able to confirm based on the codes?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Have you checked the MAF sensor and wiring? Based on the codes I'd be looking at that first. Had a bit of bother with mine which was solved by plugging it back in properly... 🤷‍♂️

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Have you checked the MAF sensor and wiring? Based on the codes I'd be looking at that first. Had a bit of bother with mine which was solved by plugging it back in properly... 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I had a spare maf and changed that last night, codes cleared but the next drive it’s chugging and drinking fuel again. :worried:
I need to pull the hose and see if the flap is stuck, plastic gears in them and meant to be common

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The open circuit code might be a bad pin or a broken wire on the plug / loom to it.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah that is odd, any leaves blocking the intake (hard to see that happening tbh). Douse the connectors with contact cleaner for the craic too maybe.