Friday Runs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Anyone with nothing better to do on Fridays fancy a run out? I'm starting to put some longer runs in (anywhere in the 100-200mi region) pre Scotland trip (y)

I'd imagine this is pretty much a long shot for interest :joy:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
When I'm home on my off time, I have 4 Fridays in a row I can come out a run. Always up for a blast out, though probably the end of March before I get the bike out again.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
@Polobrat666 are you out and about at the moment or when are you starting to head out?

Never mind seen that it will be march! Bump this thread and ill get a cupla fridays freed up

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Weather permitting: Friday 15th - 9:30 - Kilwaughter Garage Larne

Routes currently about 180mi with a ferry crossing :p

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
On me own again

giphy.gif

Lee

RMS Regular
Quare couple of days now for biking considering the time of year. Got out for a quick spin this evening myself first time in 6 weeks.

I suppose the reality is the majority of people won't be free during the day on a friday. I'd probably go on an RMS bike run sometime except I live in the sticks and for me it would be about 80 mile to the start point of anything yous boys be organising!

NotKG

Banned
its the weather bothers me to go out, well, not the actual weather, its the cleaning. 2 hr ride, and 4 hrs cleaning. hate salt. gets in tighter places than my arse crack .
start of march usually starts most off

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
If I wasn't for the bike show in London I'd be tempted to get the bike out myself.

Definitely feels mild enough at the minute like.

I'm determined to do the #ride5000miles thing this year. Easy enough for most people but I work away 6 months of the year, and then with winter that only leaves me with 4 months at the most for getting out.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I'd jeans on this morning, by no means cold but just into double digits

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm just sticking a couple more bits of carbon on mine in the house here now before it gets out back in the garage for summer.

All being well i'll get insurance sorted at bike show tomorrow and could well be up for a spin out on Saturday if this weather keeps up!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I was gutted they didn't have the new s1000rr at the show in Lisburn last week. Tried on my suit on Sunday there. Surprisingly it still fits, I would have money on it having "shrunk"

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I was gutted they didn't have the new s1000rr at the show in Lisburn last week. Tried on my suit on Sunday there. Surprisingly it still fits, I would have money on it having "shrunk"

S1000RR wasn’t for me, didn’t like it much at all though still wouldn’t mind a spin on one. Don’t like the panel gaps on the infills on top of the fairings, don’t like the BMW branded calipers, back end lighting is rubbish looking though I know it can be removed for track, it felt slightly higher than mine and about the same width wise.

I did love the dash mind, and I’m sure riding it will be a big improvement. Will wait and see how it does in magazine tests against the others, though can’t see me ordering one.

I may order a Monkey bike though, I have a weird want for one lol

Got new leathers an all, means I have loads of room now so don’t need to lose weight anymore :laughing:

Last edited:

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Spotted an HP Sauce 1250GS in Ballycastle last Sunday, magnificient looking beast. Shiftcam seems to have transformed BMW's lineup but the new RR isn't ticking any boxes for me..

im heading out on saturday around lunch for a while - donno where yet thou
Is that a statement or an invite :joy:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Anyone having a run out today? I'll be heading out at lunch for a few hours all being well

Reactions: Ben
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.