Front speakers won't work

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
I have an 07/08 ibiza fr and the front speakers have stopped working was just wondering if there is a common problem with them the speakers haven't popped it's something else. The rear speakers are working fine

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
sorry for not being up at 5:16 am to answer this......... 8-|
Are you sure that the fader isn't adjusted totally to the rear?
Sorry for treating you like a muppet, it's just rare to hear of this fault, unless they were both over-driven and blew at the same time. BUT, if they were, then that is less rare than both speaker wires in the doors breaking. As it's ten years old, the wire-break isn't unlikely though, but, usually the driver door goes well before the passenger one.

Gavlfc96

RMS Regular
OP
Gavlfc96
Drives
Ek4/fr ibiza
Sorry was up early for work and just thought I'd throw it out there. Fader I've already tried. Tried a different head unit. Passenger side stopped working first and the driver side battled on for a couple more weeks and then it give up the beat but the tweeters stopped working aswell

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Sorry was up early for work and just thought I'd throw it out there. Fader I've already tried. Tried a different head unit. Passenger side stopped working first and the driver side battled on for a couple more weeks and then it give up the beat but the tweeters stopped working aswell

sounds like they've been beaten to death with some nosebleed techno or even worse..... death metal? ;)

Probably just need replaced then. 10 years isn't a bad age for speakers - the door is a harsh environment in most cars.

A pair of these and use whatever 16.5cm speaker that takes your fancy: Connects2 Ltd
Tweeters should glue or silicone into the panel.

These are excellent OEM upgrades: Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.