Fuel filter replacement

Jstir4472

RMS Member
Hi, can anyone help? I need it by tomorrow. I have a 2007 Ford Transit Connect Diesel. I recently replaced the fuel filter, however it now won't start, and it turns over fine. I think it just needs bleeding but I don't know the easiest way. can someone advise me ASAP on the easiest method for bleeding it please? Thanks.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Fill the filter with fuel before fitting it. If there’s a manual primer on the pump housing pump that until it’s solid then crank.

Jstir4472

RMS Member
OP
J
Fill the filter with fuel before fitting it. If there’s a manual primer on the pump housing pump that until it’s solid then crank.
Thanks. It is full (the filter) with fuel already. The pump doesn't have a manual primer on it

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Similar to @Coog, I fit the filter and fill it to the gills using a wee hand pump from Halfords, never had a problem doing that and I’m fairly sure the engine in my car is the same as the Connects.

or YOLO drown the air filter in brake cleaner and let er rip tatter chip….ok don’t do that but i have multiple times as I’m a lazy ****er.
Thanks. It is full (the filter) with fuel already. The pump doesn't have a manual primer on it

make sure the fuel line to injectors is still attached when filling The fuel filter with the hand pump.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Bar what the guys above have said, google it and see if it has a bleed sequence.

Td5 defender for example is ignition on and stamp on the accelerator 5 times and it primes it.