Full Car Respray

Bleacher

RMS Regular
Drives
M2
Hi,

Can you guyas recommend anywhere for a full respray for the below car, I am not after absolute perferction, a good job that won't cost an arm and a leg would do nicely. Had a guy lined up but unfortunately his wife took sick and he had to cancel. The car is SORN'd so would be dropped to whoever can do the work by a recovery vehicle.

IMG_20200401_155050.jpg

Thanks

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That’ll be lovely when finished, great colour and love the BBS wheels.

The respray subject has been covered in great detail many times, have a search and you’ll find lots of good recommendations. 👍🏻

Bleacher

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
M2
Location might help
Lisburn based, somewhere in the area and Belfast would be great
That’ll be lovely when finished, great colour and love the BBS wheels.

The respray subject has been covered in great detail many times, have a search and you’ll find lots of good recommendations. 👍🏻
Thanks mate, had the wheels done, roof replaced, it runs perfectly, new shocks and springs, exhaust, everything is staying totally standard and the colour staying the same, my dad has had it sitting for years doing nothing

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Respraying the top...is a very different task to the bottom.

To do right, you'd need to strip out all the running gear, stick it on a rotisserie blast it to allow prep etc and then paint. That is a massive job, and not something even above average paint shops do.

Bleacher

RMS Regular
OP
B
Drives
M2

To do right, you'd need to strip out all the running gear, stick it on a rotisserie blast it to allow prep etc and then paint. That is a massive job, and not something even above average paint shops do.
In fairness the underside looks like new, its just what you can see that needs doing, hopefully that makes things easier?

RevT

RMS Regular

I think you’ve read it wrong. He said ‘the below car’ and not ‘below the car’.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Tj bodyworx ballynahinch

Tony would definitely be the guy for the job, but he’s very busy (always a good sign).

Give him a call on 07712662843 and see what he can do for you though.

Boksic

RMS Regular
I think you’ve read it wrong. He said ‘the below car’ and not ‘below the car’.

Cheers for that, I had read the reply and was wondering what the Christ I was missing in the first post 😂
Thought the edit fairies had been at their work again!

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I've just got an E30 back yesterday that I had painted in Portadown. Had to go back in as I wanted a couple of panels re-done but it was a fair job at a fair price. If none of those local contacts pan out, give me a shout and I'll send you on the number.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
@Bleacher have you got any quotes? What sort of money are you realistically talking for this kind of job? Thinking about something similar for an e46, but really dont want to put too much money into it.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
🤯 sounds like it will be a wrap or a mate that did my owl defend a few years, did a decent enough job for all I want it for.

RevT

RMS Regular
£2k won’t get you far at a good bodyshop.

I agree, but 2K could still get you a good respray.

A good bodyshop and a good painter are two different things.

I’ve had jobs done by a guy in a farm shed in Bellaghy turn out much better than top level well known insurance repair places.

P.S. - are you open for paint mixing at the minute or all closed up @Woodcutter ?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I agree, but 2K could still get you a good respray.

A good bodyshop and a good painter are two different things.

I’ve had jobs done by a guy in a farm shed in Bellaghy turn out much better than top level well known insurance repair places.

P.S. - are you open for paint mixing at the minute or all closed up @Woodcutter ?

No paint at the moment, unless it’s something relatively straight forward that I can mix myself.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I’d agree there is still good jobs getting done by little men working away

I’ve had 4 jobs done now by a chap working in a industrial estate outside Antrim that I 100% can’t fault. 120 - 140 quid a bumper. Real good work at half the price of some of the go-to guys on here often recommended.

Try hogans in lurgan direction

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
One of the best paintjobs I ever had was a guy in a very small garage. He painted rear door and quarter of a black car, and then at a later date 2 front wings.

The car barely fit in his garage, so no idea how he managed it. But it was a superb job. No idea if he's still around though