Fun GT car

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
so back to the F type idea maybe? Doesn’t have any at all but if not essential.

I would definitely try a test drive in one.
Sl would be a gd shout, or a cl if u want 4 seats

want about a Continental, id say thats the definition of a gt, or love an aston rapide

I would say those would be out of budget, unless I went for an older high mileage one. Definitely wouldn't want the risk associated with that

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I think a GT car needs to be M6 and above , AMG GTs/r , a 911 etc. Mustang is borderline but I think that's because they arent that uncommon the lack of exclusivity diminishes the GT status slightly , so I might be wrong there. For me I've always saw a vantage as a proper GT car. A DB9 for the money surely has to be the ultimate GT car for under £30k?.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I wouldn’t care, I would never be in the back. And to me the rear seats are a “nice to have“ not essential.
Rear seats in such a car would be more handy to have for chucking stuff, whereas a strictly 2 seat only, would not have that same "luggage" space, even if it isn't really luggage.

A bit like pickups and vans with bulkheads. A nightmare if you actually use them and carry stuff with you.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
The Mustang is a pretty comfortable car to sit in for long periods of time. 4 seats, big boot, big engine, and rammed with technology and mod cons including good built in infotainment system, CarPlay/android auto, automatic all the things, heated and cooled seats (except recaros), reverse camera, and the ability to go from asbo loud to quite a quiet cruiser with the flip of a switch. Not to mention spec’d with magnaride it’s a pretty comfortable ride, and adjustable to driving style. Of all the things in the newer model I’ve found I love so far it’s the automatic rev matching, the ability to approach a roundabout or turning car, shift down and let the clutch out without the engine braking is a feature I’d miss on a car now.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
I think a GT car needs to be M6 and above , AMG GTs/r , a 911 etc. Mustang is borderline but I think that's because they arent that uncommon the lack of exclusivity diminishes the GT status slightly , so I might be wrong there. For me I've always saw a vantage as a proper GT car. A DB9 for the money surely has to be the ultimate GT car for under £30k?.

A 911 is not a GT, a GT is a big front engined car with good luggage space for Grand touring. The 911is neither of those.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
You were considering a cayman a few pages ago lol.
A 911 is much more of a gt car than a 440i.
A fun GT car is just a sports car

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
You were considering a cayman a few pages ago lol.
A 911 is much more of a gt car than a 440i.
A fun GT car is just a sports car

I was considering the Cayman as it has better luggage space than a 911, and I did say it depended on the amount of luggage it could manage.

And I totally disagree that a 911 is more of a GT car than an M440i.

I'm pretty sure Porsche would also be pretty quick to correct you if you described a 911 as a GT, their Pananmera would be their GT car, even though its actually a 4 door.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Dear god what's with the defensive here lol... Everyone's having the craic with the topic of discussion and you're going full Hitler on the subject 🤣🤣🤣🤣. This is good listening to others opinions and taking it onboard there's no need to fire shots here FFS.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I was considering the Cayman as it has better luggage space than a 911, and I did say it depended on the amount of luggage it could manage.

I'm pretty sure Porsche would also be pretty quick to correct you if you described a 911 as a GT, their Pananmera would be their GT car, even though its actually a 4 door.

According to Evo these are the top 10 GT cars.

You have specified a FUN GT CAR. They are just gt cars and a couple of them are big 5 door saloons, but an M5 doesn’t count? Lol
Good luck with the search lad

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Dear god what's with the defensive here lol... Everyone's having the craic with the topic of discussion and you're going full Hitler on the subject 🤣🤣🤣🤣. This is good listening to others opinions and taking it onboard there's no need to fire shots here FFS.

I didn't think there was anything defensive in what I said, not sure where you're getting that from. Maybe you're being too sensitive :grinning:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I didn't think there was anything defensive in what I said, not sure where you're getting that from. Maybe you're being too sensitive :grinning:
Aye tbf I didn’t read it as defensive, just we are all in covid pysco mode atm haha

1606344170116.jpeg

So seems to me you want something relatively new what sort of year would you consider?

Ghisallo

RMS Regular

Funny how Porsche describe various 911s as GTs, you know for example the 911 GT1, GT2, GT3, GT3 RS, GTS...

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I high quality comfortable interior with a great sound system would be much more important to me than a highly modern infotainment system. But then I hate modern infotainment systems, solving problems that don't exist.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Funny how Porsche describe various 911s as GTs, you know for example the 911 GT1, GT2, GT3, GT3 RS, GTS...

I appreciate that they have GT in their title, but they wouldn’t be a straight GT in the conventional sense. I mean a GT2 RS for example wouldn’t be most people’s first choice if they wanted to take 2 people and their luggage on a driving/touring holiday, you would be crippled by the time you got there.

A modern 911 would probably be great for the job, but there is little to no luggage space, maybe an overnight bag.

Form what is seems a GT can be a lot of different things depending on your point of view, I always seen a GT has a big 2 door coupe with significant power, a reasonable amount of luggage space and a luxurious and comfortable cabin.
Aye tbf I didn’t read it as defensive, just we are all in covid pysco mode atm haha

View attachment 303401

So seems to me you want something relatively new what sort of year would you consider?

Yeah, probably should have been clearer in the original post, the newer the better really. I wouldn’t want to go beyond 2 years old.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I think it would be hard to look past lexus, they always come equipped with great technology, look great and are rare enough on the road. And just listen to that ^^^😍😍. A lexus LC500 or a GTR would be my choice, practical, modern and fast.