Fun GT car

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
A 911 is a sports car. I’d imagine absolutely crap to deal with on a long run say several hundred mile if it was a half common trip in life.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Surely youd get an rs6 for 50k.obv not new like but still
Plenty luggage room
Comfy cruiser
Nippy enough to

I would only be after something up to a maximum of 2 years old. Also I didn't really like the previous RS6, love the current one.

TBH if that was my budget I would probably go for the new RS7, absolutely love them.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202010155047177?atmobcid=soc4

7D0341CC-A469-4728-9974-6F40550FB77B.jpeg

A17D14FF-64B7-4A77-B7F3-CEAD214128D2.jpeg

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
@Lyons
@Eager

The 8 series is very nice, will definitely test drive one of those.

I test drove an M4 competition a few months back, but I didn't like it.

Supra is also a good shout, I will need to see if there is one available at a local dealer to test drive

MarkM

RMS Regular
@Lyons
@Eager

The 8 series is very nice, will definitely test drive one of those.

I test drove an M4 competition a few months back, but I didn't like it.

Supra is also a good shout, I will need to see if there is one available at a local dealer to test drive

If you don’t get on with M cars, you’ll not like the Supra, very similar but lacking at the same time. The quality of the paint is also shocking, I love the looks and went to see this one......realised very quickly the M4 was hugely better for me anyway
FEB39E0A-6466-4527-8CB2-C87CCE628D1E.jpeg

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
If you don’t get on with M cars, you’ll not like the Supra, very similar but lacking at the same time. The quality of the paint is also shocking, I love the looks and went to see this one......realised very quickly the M4 was hugely better for me anyway
View attachment 303473

I do like M cars, owned a few over the years. I just didn’t gel with the M4, but this could have been down to the stupidly short test drive Bavarian allowed. It was the only one they had at the time and it wasn’t a demo so I was only allowed to drive 5 miles in it, how they thought that would be enough is beyond me.

I really like the look of the Supra, and it’s pretty much a BMW internally.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I do like M cars, owned a few over the years. I just didn’t gel with the M4, but this could have been down to the stupidly short test drive Bavarian allowed. It was the only one they had at the time and it wasn’t a demo so I was only allowed to drive 5 miles in it, how they thought that would be enough is beyond me.

I really like the look of the Supra, and it’s pretty much a BMW internally.

No doubt the Supra is a good car, it’s just not as good in the handling/power department as an M4 imo I like the tuning possibilities with it, Jap tuning and styling with BMW under the skin is great! Dash is decent, steering wheel is crap, not usually a fan of digital dials but the supra one is really nice.

5 mile test drive without hanging the tail out is just not enough to appreciate one bud, mind you, maybe it’s just not for you either, I can’t find anything that tops it I can afford, which is why it’s still here, wbac we’re letting me out of it very lightly after 2 years and I looked hard for a replacement.
If country garage still have the black CS, blag a solo test drive as they’re a bit special, out of my price range though unfortunately or I’d be in one.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
No doubt the Supra is a good car, it’s just not as good in the handling/power department as an M4 imo I like the tuning possibilities with it, Jap tuning and styling with BMW under the skin is great! Dash is decent, steering wheel is crap, not usually a fan of digital dials but the supra one is really nice.

5 mile test drive without hanging the tail out is just not enough to appreciate one bud, mind you, maybe it’s just not for you either, I can’t find anything that tops it I can afford, which is why it’s still here, wbac we’re letting me out of it very lightly after 2 years and I looked hard for a replacement.
If country garage still have the black CS, blag a solo test drive as they’re a bit special, out of my price range though unfortunately or I’d be in one.

To be honest my choice would be a Cayman 718 GTS, but as it would be my only car luggage space could be an issue for me from time to time. Not being able to stick a couple of suitcases in the boot to go to the airport a few times a year would be a real pain in the balls.

MarkM

RMS Regular
To be honest my choice would be a Cayman 718 GTS, but as it would be my only car luggage space could be an issue for me from time to time. Not being able to stick a couple of suitcases in the boot to go to the airport a few times a year would be a real pain in the balls.

controversially I liked the 4 pot more than the straight 6 in everything but sound, still didn’t have enough to wow me though but my god is it pretty :grinning:
I think I just like turbo charged engines over n/a which goes against everyone else lolol
You just need to compromise on luggage space and get one bought.