OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
A2F1DACE-3687-4454-98A6-6444B3175A71.jpeg

First fill up....

TooPoor

RMS Member
Looks great, all the best with it, Estoril blue looks great.

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I'm looking for one very similar (PM if you prefer, dont worry if you don't want to say).

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Looks great, all the best with it, Estoril blue looks great.

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I'm looking for one very similar (PM if you prefer, dont worry if you don't want to say).

Cheers,
I’ll PM you, managed to get a decent bargain with cash off - maybe coz of the time of the year...
Essential travel then lol

Im a key worker 🙈

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
Good job! Happy?

Yes indeed - had the usual buyers regret, sh1tting myself is made the wrong choice, and worried I’d have another experience like buying the Altea lol.... but the car is immaculate , clean a car as I’ve seen and no marks on it anywhere including newly freshly diamond cut wheels and 4 new p zero’s...

It s a different experience for sure this time buying this than my usual trips over to buy M3’s, R32’s etc...this isn’t exactky my dream car and is more an essential purchase with a bit of glam wanted with it....

But...I’m actually blown away by it...
One word describes it- effortless.
I’ve never had a BMW diesel before though I can’t imagine the older ones being this smooth?

The ZF is obv totally different to the DCT...
Confused me at first that I could see what gear I was in in normal Drive mode...you just have to roll with it in drive as a normal automatic but tbf it’s seamless and always in the right torque band.
The in gear acceleration in comfort and well as Sport is also amazing - totally different experience to the M3 or R32 what I’m used to.

The savings of over £200 on tax/fuel etc as well as saving having to do rod bearings or worse whiel trying to save made this a no-brained for me...
The Altea is so full- I didn’t mind it as a second car knowing I still had something else special but to be left with only it would be too dull ...I love having a nice car and have no real other vices...
Altea can go up for sale saving more money and I may even decide to keep this 330d after a mortgage is sorted if it does everything just so well- who knows ...

It’s not really a special enough car to do a thread on...it could do with Eibachs but I’m not planning going down the modding route with it to keep it standard for maybe easy selling on in future...
What I will do tho is get some light tints OEM style done

and the e90 was the newest model I’d had...this just looks and feels great.

To sum up if I’m happy...I am happy but in a totally different way to what normally makes me happy with a car if that makes sense ...having a newer (2013 lol) ca RLs with mod cons like Adaptive xenons, updated Nav etc makes it a lively place to be :grinning:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I'll be selling a facelift w204 c220cdi sport soon if you're interested

Edit: scrap that see you've bought something!

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
OP
Snoopcousins
Drives
M3
After a couple of PM's to @Snoopcousins I've done something similar and bit the bullet. Not quite as much spec, and obviously a 4 series instead of a 3. Haven't used it much yet but what I have done with it I've been very impressed 👍 View attachment 302535
View attachment 302536

Very nice!
Looks the part indeed in the coupe!
Think the 4 is a more rigid and sporty chassis?
The engine is great... no nice petrol sound but it goes very well..

Any plans for it?

TooPoor

RMS Member
Very nice!
Looks the part indeed in the coupe!
Think the 4 is a more rigid and sporty chassis?
The engine is great... no nice petrol sound but it goes very well..

Any plans for it?

Apparently so - but I couldn't say, I haven't driven a 3 series before.
Slightly missing the sound from the subaru absolutely, but this does go just as well.

No real plans yet, just tidy up a few stone marks and give it a detail. I'll look at painting a few bits to get rid of the chrome, but I haven't decided. Performance wise I'll leave her standard for now (y)