Fuse issue

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
might want to elaborate a little.

Why were you "checking" a fuse ? and what fuse ? Did you just wake up one day and decide to check fuses ?

Does the car do anything ?

Fernando1614

OP
F
Hi lol I was checking fuse 15 on engine bay as rear wiper doesn't work. I checked it and it was OK so I put it back went to start the car to check if the wiper works and then what I have is engine warning light and other one with the spanner? The engine turns but it just won't start

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Immobilised by the sounds of it. Have you tried locking it up and opening the door again either via the remote on the key or the door lock?

Fernando1614

OP
F
Yes I have...also we pushed it and nothing....disconnect the battery and nothing....so frustrating cos I know is something silly which I can't figure it out!!!

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Google the pedal test for Astra h. Should throw some codes up where the mileage display is

Attachments

• 6D3AF462-B0CC-4BB7-ADFC-048BCAD4758A.jpeg
    6D3AF462-B0CC-4BB7-ADFC-048BCAD4758A.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 23

Fernando1614

OP
F
Google the pedal test for Astra h. Should throw some codes up where the mileage display is
hi yes i have i have like 5 or 6 codes but what i cant understand just for checking the fuse for the rear wiper now it wont start? the engine turns perfectly well but it just wont start and i have the engine management light on and the one with the spanner. the car runned perfectly until i removed this fuse to check?

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I would be checking all fuses
As you replaced the fuse it may have blew another
Test them with a meter to save pulling each fuse out

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
astras can be a funny thing

did you pull the fuse out while it was running or the ignition in the on position ??