Gap Insurance

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Dealer priced me £350 or something and got online for £130 or something like that.First time I have had this but looks a no brainier to me ,hope it doesn't disappear in 23 months time or I would be gutted lol.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
It's a definate must have if you lease a car. 2 years was £120 for the wifes corsa vxr. Can't remember who it was with though.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Had it on all my cars, Audi started off with a rediclous price but matched the best quote I got online.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I would be wary of buying off one of these online companies you've never heard of; they might not be there in the even that you need them or the small print on some of them can be ridiculous. Better going for one from a known company like Hughes; there's seems to be quite reasonably priced to be fair.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Anyone any experience with ALA?[/QUOTE]
Who did you go with in the end @Woodcutter

Anyone any experience with ALA?

i have used ALA for 7 years and so far they have been excellent. When i sell a car I transfer my policy to the replacement and save a few £££.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Great thanks Dave, they are coming in at a good price too compared with the dealer. I thought I saw something about them (positive) on pistonheads somewhere but I can't find it. If you're happy then that's good enough for me tbh

Dave..

RMS Regular
Great thanks Dave, they are coming in at a good price too compared with the dealer. I thought I saw something about them (positive) on pistonheads somewhere but I can't find it. If you're happy then that's good enough for me tbh
Any questions Craig, give me a ring. :grinning:

ryan_v

RMS Regular
Drives
mountain bike
Has anyone ever had to claim and has the gap insurance been everything they say it is? What is there too look out for?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Has anyone ever had to claim and has the gap insurance been everything they say it is? What is there too look out for?
Never claimed but I have used ALA for 8 cars, great company with knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Google ALA and they get great reviews.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Unless someone has actually had to make a claim against them, the only review/opinion they can have is based on them taking their money and sending a welcome pack. So IMO, it can all be taken with a pinch of salt.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
ALA still the go to for GAP insurance? Agnews are quoting silly prices for theirs!

Dave..

RMS Regular
ALA still the go to for GAP insurance? Agnews are quoting silly prices for theirs!
Yes but on my last 2 cars I got it as part of the deal. I used them for our daughters Hilux. Will also be using them for my van.