Garage lift

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
@redanni I've been looking at one for the new garage. A lot of youtubers use them (B is for Build, Mighty Car mods etc) and they all work under them without axel stands etc. I understand once they are fully extended they lock out some how to prevent it dropping on you.. although I'd still be using some.

If you get one post back otherwise once I get moved and free up the cash i'll post up and let you know what I think of it (y)

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
I'm maybe being silly here, but do I need a compressed air system for the likes of this?

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
its electro hydraulic but redmount do 50ltr compressors for humble money, every garage needs a wee compressor
Does it take up much room? The compressor I mean, I just don't want my garage to get cluttered up. It's 13x25 not a big space

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
With the space you have you should be sticking a four post in!

They’re an awkward, cumbersome bastid of a thing. There’s 1 at home and I still continue to work mostly on the ground as it’s a balls to work around.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
They’re an awkward, cumbersome bastid of a thing. There’s 1 at home and I still continue to work mostly on the ground as it’s a balls to work around.

They always just looked a bit safer than a 2 post lift to me. They dont rely on the concrete as much to stay up and with a bridge jack I thought they would have been useful enough?
Having never used one however il take your word for it.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I just grabbed one of Lidl’s wee 100 litre compressors and it’s small enough to fit between the joists in the roof so it will be mounted up above and a line dropped down through the ceiling to one of the wall mounted retractable airlines.... save the clutter on the floor

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I'm maybe being silly here, but do I need a compressed air system for the likes of this?

Some will require air, some will not.

Some of the scissor style use a double hydraulic ram setup so there's always a backup, but there are also manual locks you can use to prevent it going below a certain height.

But unless you sink them into the ground they'll all have some clearance issues for some cars especially if sills are low or side skirts etc.

Depending on level of work you'd be doing and access required....something like this doesnt look too bad, although would be mostly service/wheels off work because it would get in the way of other stuff.

Mobile Vehicle Scissor Lift POWERTEC PREP2 91773 | eBay

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Jason

RMS Regular
28167873_1792474477443041_4828672975501654797_n.jpg

Mine just arrived, weight of it is insane lol