Garden machinery- Ride on lawnmowers 2021 price update.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
With spring just around the corner I thought it was time for the annual garden thread. I'll split it down this year to sections to make the thread not so big.

Tractor lawnmowers.

Our primary brand is Alko, plenty of people on the site are running them and they are superb machines, made in Austria from to back and designed to be good in wet mossy conditions compared to the competition which is primarily American built where its dry. They also have the tightest turning circle and anything from a t16 up has led lights. Check out the reviews by the likes of which and the telegraph, which Alko always finish top.

Alko have just bought a premises in the uk before Christmas and have used this along with reduced shipping costs to lower prices in the uk, the savings mean that they are now the best value machines on sale while retaining the quality.

T15 93 black edition, 36" hydrostatic 450cc, £2099 all in.

solo by AL-KO T15-93.7 HD-A Comfort lawn tractor | AL-KO Gardentech

T15 103. same as the t15 93 but 40" deck. £2499

T16 93, 36" but adds a twin cylinder 656cc oil pump engine and led lights. £2699

solo by AL-KO T 16-93.7 HD V2 lawn tractor - Lawn Tractors - Lawncare Equipment | AL-KO Gardentech

T16 103, adds hydraulic rams to help box opening, and the 40" deck along with the twin cylinder engine. £2899.

solo by AL-KO T 16-103.7 HD V2 Comfort lawn tractor | AL-KO Gardentech

The bigger machines have been well reduced too, these things were the first to come out of the new factory in 2014, the guy that designed them drove an Audi rs6 and said he wanted his tractor with a flat bottom perforated steering wheel, side by side pedals, sports seat with height adjustment as well as back/forward, proper fuel cap rather than opening the bonnet etc etc. Again these are substantially down on last year.

T16 105. 42" £3199.

solo by AL-KO T 16-105.6 HD V2 Lawn Tractor - Lawn Tractors - Lawncare Equipment | AL-KO Gardentech

T20 105. Adds cast iron axels, oil cooler on the gear box, cruise control, red top commercial engine, 23" flotation wheels etc £3599. Electric tip can be added too for a bit more.

solo by AL-KO T20-105.5 HDE V2 garden tractor | AL-KO Gardentech

T23 125, adds a 50" deck. £4199.

solo by AL-KO T23-125.6 Garden Tractor for large lawns | AL-KO Gardentech

There is some small basic ones from £1349, this year they have launched a r7 with an automatic gearbox, geared steering and a 950 briggs for £1650. Expected late March.

We also keep 42 and 50" Ariens zero turns for people who want to mulch only and fast. They start at £3200 for the edge and 3800 for the ikon.

Ariens | Ikon X 42" Zero-Turn Lawn Mower Model: 915220

Delivery is free, trade ins welcome and we can do finance on any machine.

Last edited:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
My T16-102 will be 3 years old in June and has been a fantastic mower. I highly recommend them to anyone, and would definitely go the extra bit and opt for the V-twin Briggs with the hydraulic assisted tipping which means emptying the collection can be done from the seat with ease, even with the huge 300 litre basket full of damp grass...

seanmooney

RMS Regular
I bought by T15 and love it and I have a sight gradient on my lawn. In hindsight I should of took the bigger motor but im happy with it.

Has never blocked once and has great turning circle.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I bought by T15 and love it and I have a sight gradient on my lawn. In hindsight I should of took the bigger motor but im happy with it.

Has never blocked once and has great turning circle.

Yet to block the chute on mine either, and our garden is thick, field like grass.

You should always take a look at a mower and decide “that’s just the size I need”, then go 1 size bigger just to be sure.. :joy:

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Very happy with ours, coming into second season. Very impressive steering lock compared to anything else, which allowed us to stay with a conventional tractor type mower.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
I cut my silage on Saturday. Was getting far too long and was a bit damp due to the rain early in the morning but the Al-ko flew through it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not sure what one I have but it’s great too. In hindsight I should’ve gone for 1 with a larger capacity box just!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What machine would you recommend for a large garden. This is the front and there is roughly the same again at the back? It's quite thick grass and can be quite wet at times. Few trees and bushes to navigate around but nothing too tight.
20200419_163704.jpg

I currently have an old McCullagh ride on that came with the house but I'd like to upgrade to something newer and a bit more user friendly. It has two baskets that have to be emptied by hand and dont hold that much.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I miss having a lawn that size for a ride on - where I grew up we had a football sized green in front of the houses which (in my teens) I maintained for pocket money lol now that responsibility has been handed down to the next generation :worried:

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
What machine would you recommend for a large garden. This is the front and there is roughly the same again at the back? It's quite thick grass and can be quite wet at times. Few trees and bushes to navigate around but nothing too tight.
View attachment 277434

I currently have an old McCullagh ride on that came with the house but I'd like to upgrade to something newer and a bit more user friendly. It has two baskets that have to be emptied by hand and dont hold that much.

Yes the same one as sean has above would probably be about the right size. I have them in stock with a Loncin engine or a Briggs Both at £2250. Stocks are starting to run low as the good weather in April got them flying out, I have more coming in early June. Super machines, made in Austria, better at lifting damp grass than any other brand, really well built and easy to use. Won bbc lawnmower of the year and last year the black one got telegraph best ride on. (The red ones at 2250 are the same but with a bigger engine than the black)

The next step up is to the bigger chassis t16-105 which is £3k, so I guess it’s budget depending.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Yes the same one as sean has above would probably be about the right size. I have them in stock with a Loncin engine or a Briggs Both at £2250. Stocks are starting to run low as the good weather in April got them flying out, I have more coming in early June. Super machines, made in Austria, better at lifting damp grass than any other brand, really well built and easy to use. Won bbc lawnmower of the year and last year the black one got telegraph best ride on. (The red ones at 2250 are the same but with a bigger engine than the black)

The next step up is to the bigger chassis t16-105 which is £3k, so I guess it’s budget depending.
I've heard of Briggs and Stratton engines, I assume they would be the better of the two you mentioned?

I assume for trade ins it would be more modern stuff you would consider? I wouldn't even have a clue what to price mine at to sell it on the likes of gumtree.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
I've heard of Briggs and Stratton engines, I assume they would be the better of the two you mentioned?

I assume for trade ins it would be more modern stuff you would consider? I wouldn't even have a clue what to price mine at to sell it on the likes of gumtree.

Briggs is more 'famous' a name but nothing wrong with loncin at all. I'll pm you my phone number.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Original post updated with 2021 pricing. Thankfully not much of a rise on last year because coming from Austria they've avoided the shipping crises from china.

8 containers landing but 90% gone on back orders built up over the last few weeks, another 2 containers promised this week and 2 more next week so hopefully by the end of next week we'll be caught up.

Last edited:

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Any prices on the small basic ride ons? @lightning

The t15-93 is the cheapest in stock at the minute at £2100, tho we've been out of stock of them were able to get some last monday but only 30, there is 12 left at the minute and no firm date on the next container, but fingers crossed it will be May.

The only cheaper one is the R7, they do a 65hd model with a briggs engine and auto transmission at £1650, these are sold out again and our next load is 2nd week of May. They do a more basic version with manual transmission and a cheaper engine at £1350, we've some coming next week but they all have deposits, the next free stock is 2nd week of June.

Very frustrating year having more customers than machines.

Simon83

RMS Regular
@lightning what ride on mowers would you in stock at present? Would definitely consider a good used machine.
My parents are due to complete on a new house in the next few days and will need a ride on to deal with the back garden.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning what ride on mowers would you in stock at present? Would definitely consider a good used machine.
My parents are due to complete on a new house in the next few days and will need a ride on to deal with the back garden.

We have most of the alko range in stock currently, and have some Stiga machines arriving next week. Drop me a pm with some size requirements etc.