Garden machinery 2021 price update- walk behind lawnmowers

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Continuing from the ride on thread.

Again our primary brand is Alko. Superb machines, very strong wet weather performance. They have lovely deep decks to precent clogging and come with power drive, mulch kits and 70 litre solid boxes. The decks are made of one piece steel rather than most of the competition which is joined.

The range is pretty simple, choose your deck, 16/18/21" and choose your engine Loncin/Briggs/Honda. Don't discount the Loncin, its the old Honda engine officially passed on and is bullet proof.

Example price, 21" power drive loncin £419 all in.

They also launched a range of cheaper mowers last year to compete with the sheds, these are not as good quality as the premium range above but are very decent for the money and more than match the competition while still retaining the full Alko warranty and parts back up. These have been hit with the china shipping crisis and wont be in till late april.

16" £209
18" power drive £259.
21" power drive £319.

Cobra. We keep the rear roller range in Cobra, good value machines for anyone that wants a roller.

Cobra Rear Roller Range Lawnmowers

Professional. It really is hard to look past the Weibang. Commercial machines with very robust construction and driven by a drive shaft rather than belts. The most popular model is 22" £629 all in but you can add abc clutches, different decks etc etc. All in stock.

Professional Range

We also keep the Kaaz honda shaft drives in wheel and roller drive.

Again free delivery on all machines and finance available on anything over £250.

Last edited:

n3il

RMS Regular
Drives
CRXvtec/vtis
Are any used ones still available? Was in there for a nosy but didn't see anything

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Are any used ones still available? Was in there for a nosy but didn't see anything

We don’t tend to get very many used walk behinds. People just keep them till theyre near scrap. I do have 2 John Deere 22” roller machines coming in against 2 Weibang’s later this week. They’re both 2018 machines and cost him £1300 each, mower linked below. Probably going to be about £450 ish.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
You were hiding when I visited last week Simon, but I'm very happy with my Al-Ko Easy 5.1 - though it uses a fair bit of oil and the instructions weren't the easiest to follow.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
You were hiding when I visited last week Simon, but I'm very happy with my Al-Ko Easy 5.1 - though it uses a fair bit of oil and the instructions weren't the easiest to follow.

Had I been there I would have probably pushed you into a 51.8 spa, but the easy does what it says on the tin. Oil consumption will settle when it beds in.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Simon - do you keep a small roller mower that folds up fairly nearly? My lawn hardly warrants a petrol machine, but my wee bosch electric is getting brittle round the pladtic corners so have to ask what's out there. Storage space is at a premium and I like my roller stripes!

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Simon - do you keep a small roller mower that folds up fairly nearly? My lawn hardly warrants a petrol machine, but my wee bosch electric is getting brittle round the pladtic corners so have to ask what's out there. Storage space is at a premium and I like my roller stripes!

We keep 4 or 5 of the rear roller cobra range, they’re all petrol, we don’t do any electric roller ones. Decent wee machines.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning is there one of those john deere machines still available?

Sorry no they both went pretty much that day.

If you’ve £400 ish to spend I’ll have something very good new. £300 for something cheaper end new but still 21”.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Slightly off topic but do use get many decent ride on lawnmowers traded in? @lightning

Yeah but it’s very hard to get one we would retail. Generally they’re traded in for a reason and 9 out of 10 we just trade them back out. Occasionally a good one comes in someone maybe moving house or something.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Was up during the week and picked up one of the 21" Al-ko mowers with the honda motor, great job!

swervygerdy

RMS Regular
Hi Simon, do you keep the scarafying blades for lawn mowers?
might as well have a nice lawn during the apocalypse.....

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Hi Simon, do you keep the scarafying blades for lawn mowers?
might as well have a nice lawn during the apocalypse.....

Hi yes we keep the universal ones. Ring the main line and ask for kieran in parts, he will sort you out.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Hello @lightning My old man has been persuaded to think about a new mower, having been inspired by my plunder from your place. Have you anything in the Alko range with electric start? Fairly small as there’s not much lawn realistically.