Garden machinery 2021 price update- walk behind lawnmowers

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Hello @lightning My old man has been persuaded to think about a new mower, having been inspired by my plunder from your place. Have you anything in the Alko range with electric start? Fairly small as there’s not much lawn realistically.

Alko don’t do a 16” key start but do an 18”, comes with the new instart Briggs and lithium battery. It’s showing out of stock but i have an ex display new one I can do at £489.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Alko don’t do a 16” key start but do an 18”, comes with the new instart Briggs and lithium battery. It’s showing out of stock but i have an ex display new one I can do at £489.

Thanks for that - have passed on details.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning any deals on atm? Looking a small petrol lawnmower, budget around £200. Small garden can be self propelled or push.

Cheers.

We have the 4.2 ones in at the minute at £199.

Or if you want to spend a bit more I’ve some pro version coming early next week at £300.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Whats the quality of these like compared to wee Honda izy as there around same price?

We never have any issues with the Alko petrol machines. They’re superb in the wet and well built. The cheaper one would be lagging the Honda slightly but the red pro one is superb and better build quality/finish on the lawn than any machine I’ve tried even at 100 more.

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Whats the difference between the ALKO red pro and their highline ones?

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
My Solo Pro arrived today, feels a quality bit of kit and cut the grass with ease.
Thanks for the recommendation and all your assistance.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Super obv, yes they're really well made compared to most stuff on the market, enjoy it.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
@lightning Do you have any of the 16" alko's left?

Looking for something under the £200 mark just to keep me ticking over for the last few cuts

If there is anything in the used range that would do well too. Seems most places are out of stock on lawn mowers this time of year

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning Do you have any of the 16" alko's left?

Looking for something under the £200 mark just to keep me ticking over for the last few cuts

If there is anything in the used range that would do well too. Seems most places are out of stock on lawn mowers this time of year

Yeah sorry the £200 Alko ones are all sold out and looking like the new year before any more stock arrives on them.

Cobra have some left, the m40c £159 or £199 power drive, need ordered in tho.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I have an Alko mower that I bought from @lightning ‘splace a couple of years ago. It was used just once before I ended up getting a Gardner to cut the grass (we were only at the house twice a year). The mower will be getting sold next week when I’m back clearing the place out as we’ve sold that too.

Anyone interested in it let me know.

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning What do you guys currently have in stock with a rear roller? Do you still do the Cobra mowers? Thanks

yes, should have 16 and 18” in stock. 20” coming soon hopefully. Stocks are slim and far between so far.
@lightning what's in stock or on offer at the minute for push behind? Smaller / cheaper end of the market.

we have most of the comfort and premium ones in. Austrian built. Starting around 389 18” power drive and 249 16” push/319 power drive.
the easy range (Chinese) will be starting at £209 but waiting on a date for them.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I have an Alko mower that I bought from @lightning ‘splace a couple of years ago. It was used just once before I ended up getting a Gardner to cut the grass (we were only at the house twice a year). The mower will be getting sold next week when I’m back clearing the place out as we’ve sold that too.

Anyone interested in it let me know.

Is this a manual one or does it have the self propelled feature?

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Is this a manual one or does it have the self propelled feature?

It's an AL-KO Easy 5.1 SP-S 4-in-1 21" Self-Propelled Petrol Lawn Mower, model AK113607.

That's a 21 inch job with a side discharge opening.

I bought it on 15 March 2019 and it cost £299.00. Have the receipts and paperwork and all the stuff that goes with it.

Genuinely has been used either just once or never at all (we bought it for the MIL to cut the grass at our house in NI, but we promptly had a major falling out with the auld bat and have never seen or heard of her since. I then got a gardener to look after the place).

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Again original post updated for 2021 pricing. Mowers have seen some improvements and new colours. They've also added a front bumper/handle and soft grip handles.

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
Again original post updated for 2021 pricing. Mowers have seen some improvements and new colours. They've also added a front bumper/handle and soft grip handles.

@lightning what’s the cheapest entry level cobra mower that you can do, I have seen the m40c 16 inch online for £160. Cheers

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning what’s the cheapest entry level cobra mower that you can do, I have seen the m40c 16 inch online for £160. Cheers
In petrol we’ve nothing cheap at the minute. The alko easy ones won’t be in till April and the cobra stuff is all delayed too. Stock is tough this year with anything from China. The Austrian/European/Japanese stuff is fine but they’re starting at £319.

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
In petrol we’ve nothing cheap at the minute. The alko easy ones won’t be in till April and the cobra stuff is all delayed too. Stock is tough this year with anything from China. The Austrian/European/Japanese stuff is fine but they’re starting at £319.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Everything seems to be taking ages to come and a lot of English companies advertising online don’t want to ship here.