Gaz86's 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo II RS

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
R35 Evo9 Ep3
This is incredible, health to restore, drive and enjoy! Would love one of these!!
My bro imported one years ago, still remember it so clearly.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
This is incredible, health to restore, drive and enjoy! Would love one of these!!
My bro imported one years ago, still remember it so clearly.

Thanks Jonny 😎 Never thought I'd get the chance to own one of these. I watched them in rallying on the likes of RPM etc when I was a teenager, that's where my love for fast cars stemmed from. The last time I saw one like this was a dandelion yellow one at Bishopscourt almost 20 years ago and it was an Evo 3

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Love it, and old mate of mine had a white evo 3 back in the early 00’s and we had some craic in it out and about round Dunmurry and Derriaghy direction, it was just an exhaust and a bit more boost but it was a flying machine, it loved to throw the tail out at any opportunity. I’m wondering if it’s still around

Would that be Rab murf? If so we have it lol

Gambit

RMS Regular
There are 2-3 of these in rally guise in NI, as a mate owned them all at one stage. If you need any bits, he may well still have stuff left, as I know he'd a garage full of spares.

That'd be great if you could put me in touch with him 😎

I'll message you his number now, but he's confirmed that he has loads of stuff.

It's this type of shìt that makes RMS 👌

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
I had an Evo 1 with full roll cage.

Best car I've had, or best memories anyway.

the 1 came with a 4g63t also.

I've a front strut brace and a few other things lying about for them still.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
I had an Evo 1 with full roll cage.

Best car I've had, or best memories anyway.

the 1 came with a 4g63t also.

I've a front strut brace and a few other things lying about for them still.

Ah ok, someone told me the 1 had a 1.8T 🤷🏻‍♂️ There are Cusco strut braces in this one front and back 👍🏻

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
That would be the very car, any idea what power it is? It was a good going then back then

No idea but she is very quick, we had a weld on roll cage which has since been removed , performance wise all we done was a decat and better exhaust , still very very fast and enjoyable to drive, got all new belts and a health check a few weeks ago
E0FDA1D3-6E2E-4667-9866-B6C0233324E4.jpeg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
No idea but she is very quick, we had a weld on roll cage which has since been removed , performance wise all we done was a decat and better exhaust , still very very fast and enjoyable to drive, got all new belts and a health check a few weeks agoView attachment 358115

Has he ever had to buy panels for it? Currently trying to source fresh ones but drawing a blank so far

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
@Gaz86 he got two rear 1/4 panels and nee front cross member from Japan a few years ago, they are hard got at the minute, was told proton still have panels

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Ok so the parts shopping has started 🙈 I have some genuine Evo 3 sideskirts and rear spats on their way from a guy in Indonesia and have found some brand new replacement headlights and orange side repeaters which aren't ordered yet but will be in the next few weeks I'd say. Going to upgrade to the Evo 3 front bumper too as it improves air flow and the front splitter for the Evo 2 bumper is in bad shape and simply can't be got any more 👎🏻 Will look better anyhow. Still looking at wheel options but for the meantime I think I'll refurbish the Speedlines

IMG_20220503_174351.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Only minor surface rust on the underside. I've had a good thump around underneath and there's nothing too scary under here. A good clean down with a wire brush and a good scrub is on the cards. The plan is to coat the whole underside with POR-15 rust protection after doing the necessary preparation. Think the worst thing I have to worry about under here are seized nuts and bolts.

IMG_20220503_175633.jpg
IMG_20220503_175621.jpg

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
That looks remarkably good for the age! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Oh for a two poster :cool:

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
That looks a brilliant find, id be inclined to keep it white on white - something about rally liveries which kind of makes them look a bit meh after a while, whereas i they always looks great in just bare spec so to speak
I’m a fan of recce car white too, never much been a fan of full replica graphics on a road car, seems a bit fraudulent lol. Maybe a few wee stickers as a more subtle que to the competition car,?

56oval

RMS Regular
Thats brilliant. My fave evo is the 6 in reims blue. Cool buy, is the 86 gone?

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Got a few hours at it last week. Bonnet, bumpers and headlights are now off.
Will hopefully have the wings off sometime this week then I can think about pulling the engine etc out 👍🏻 trying to source a spit to put it on. Currently waiting on an email back from Nengun Performance in Japan to see if they can still provide rear arches for this chassis as I'd rather replace these rather than patch them up since I'm going to be going to so much effort with this car 🤞🏻

This morning I found out an interesting fact, of the 6322 Evo 2 models manufactured only 1089 were released in RS trim 😎 I wonder how many RS Evo 2's are left today 🤔

IMG_20220508_144802.jpg
IMG-20220508-WA0035.jpeg
IMG-20220508-WA0012.jpeg

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
These are class. Can't wait to see what you do with it after how the MX5 turned out.

Been watching Tommyfyeah batter his around a track and it's certainly capable!