Gear box for a Fait............

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Arouser

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
my mate is looking for a gear box for a fait brava, any one got any ideas on a price?? its a 1.4 SX 16V 96 or 97 im not sure which.

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
sory FIAT this asshole cant spell!! :oops:

i mean bumhole!!! have to keep it clean now lol

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
u'll be lucky, those gearboxes go all the ****** time, my mates brava had one at 40K and another at 42K cos the mechnaic didnt put fully synthetic oil in her, and my Tipo had one at 60K, and then 2 weeks after getting a new one in she ****in chucked her timeing belt and wrecked the engine....
So if you find a white 5door Tipo 1.4 with the reg BAZ 8482 the gerbox in her is mint!!!!
Shes somewhere in the Belfast area if thats anyhelp...
PPS if he doesnt find one i think my mates cost £800 from the dealer, and thats mates prices cos his da owns Clarke Bros Clutches in belfast!

Dermot

Sounds about Right... These are soo weak they blow up bein drive easy...
As Me and a few other members found out one time in 'cork' when we ended up towing a Brava the whole way home...
Try Scrap yards.... But I cant see ya having too much luck

If Not Just Price Recon ones and New ones ...

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
well ive bin told it might not be a Gearbox it needs aparently it cud be the thrust bearing on the clutch

Dermot

My moneys on the Gearbox ...

But Whats the Car doing/Not Doing ? I think they have the 'push' Type release bearings... So if it blows up I think the car should still drive, But you wont be able to change gear, and you'll have to start it in gear...
Did it rattle before?
Can you get gears with the car switched off?
Does the clutch pedal feel right?

The lads Bravo that blew up in cork , his Diff give up... Meaning it was 100% to drive in a straight line, But Clonked going around corners until it blew up.. Diff only lasted about 30mile from Perfect till it blew up...

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
the car starts fine , then ya put ur foot on the clutch n select a gear n evry thin feels ok then wen ya go to move off ther nothin its as if the clutch it lik permanently disengaged, thers no noises or rattles or anything at anytime.

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
the car starts fine , then ya put ur foot on the clutch n select a gear n evry thin feels ok then wen ya go to move off ther nothin its as if the clutch it lik permanently disengaged, thers no noises or rattles or anything at anytime.

Dermot

Sounds Like the Fricton plate
Or its its the "Pull type clutch" Could be the release bearing

Arouser

RMS Regular
OP
Arouser
Drives
B6 A4 TDI130, B5
either way is it an expensive job to fix or just an awkward one?

spose its hard to say with out lookin at it

Dermot

Naw Not too Expensive if its not the Gearbox ...

Release Bearing
Fricton Plate
and Clutch plate
Make up a 'Clutch Kit'
There anything from £60-£100 to buy.. I'd say £100 for a genuine Fait one
But You can get other makes ... LUK etc...For Cheaper About £60-£70

How hard they are to Fit? I Dunno, Have never even looked at one.. Nova Bibby off the Site might be able to give you an Idea, He might have done one before.

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
its not hard to fit, me and my uncle had my whole new gearbox and clutch in my tipo in a weekend, with plenty of drinkin being done inbetween!
Keep her lit!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.