Gen 2 Megabusa

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Hello again RMSers, after over a year out from the car scene I am now back in the fold and thought I would share with you my latest project. This just popped through my letterbox this morning :grinning:

IMG_2777.jpg

Plan is to build a new Westfield Megablade for racing in the NI Sevens and also driving on the road. I ordered a kit from Westfield this week, consisting of non-rolling chassis and some rather nice upgrades, the rest of the spec will be sourced from elsewhere as I go along and tailored specifically for racing. Delivery date is estimated 18-20th July, cannot bloody wait to get started :cool:

Not much else to say just now, will update the thread when I take delivery of the kit.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Look forward to seeing it Rob. You and benny will be doing some 'huring and touring about Derry now together :p

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
I feel for you lol I still in process of rebuild of the caterham saying that lack of funds and health issues have slowed my build down but it is a very time consuming thing building one of these good luck and look forward to watching the build!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Looking forward to the build. be sure to keep us informed with plenty of pics and updates (y)

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Looking forward to the build myself. Gaz - hopefully he still has it by the time I'm finished!

As for costs - well ask me when I'm finished lol :relieved:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Awesome Rob, will be such a learning curve too, I'd love to be able to do this one day.

Iain was telling me about it during the week, you'll be a pair of wise boys around Derry terrorising the place! Haha! (y)

Look forward to the build thread.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I would absolutely love to do this, very very jealous. Been looking at MEV kit cars recently longingly, obviously not in the same league as a megablade though.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
yeoo be some terrorising done now cub! ;)

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Hard to beat a megablade/busa for sheer craic, fun, smiles and speed.

Good luck with the project.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Thanks all. Does anyone know whats the story with the NI Sevens website? Can't find much about the current season - wouldn't mind seeing what the dates are and trying to get up to spectate.

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
As far as I know every race meeting at kirkistown they run so you should get details on kirkistown website

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Good lad Rob - you finally took the plunge then! Good luck with the build.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to do anything with the website so far this year, damn house build taking up all my time.

Here is the fixtures list.

March 31st Kirkistown (double) Race

April 28th Kirkistown (double) Race

May 12+13th Bishopscourt (4 races)

June 9th Nutts Corner Sprint

June 23rd Cairncastle Hillclimb

July 21st Kirkistown (double) Race

August 25th Kirkistown (double) Race

Sept 29th Kirkistown Sprint

October 6th Kirkistown (single) Race

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Would love to do something like this myself! Good luck!

I would absolutely love to do this, very very jealous. Been looking at MEV kit cars recently longingly, obviously not in the same league as a megablade though.

I called up to a mates on Saturday and one of his other friends was there with some sort of MEV. It had a 2.0 zetec with a huge supercharger strapped on running 280Bhp. Seemed to go well, but a bit of an ugly duckling imo

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Would love to do something like this myself! Good luck!

I called up to a mates on Saturday and one of his other friends was there with some sort of MEV. It had a 2.0 zetec with a huge supercharger strapped on running 280Bhp. Seemed to go well, but a bit of an ugly duckling imo
Was it a rocket? The exocet basically bolts a frame over mx5 running gear. Kind of kit car lite

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Was it a rocket? The exocet basically bolts a frame over mx5 running gear. Kind of kit car lite

Just looked at their website there.. it was defo a Rocket only with a few engine mods and a s/c and a few carbon bits (wheel arches)