Geneva Motor Show 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Well how many went and what was your favourite car/stand?
For me the show highlight was Liberty Walk stand, as for cars - the new Alpine, RUF Yellowbird, Type-R and Yaris WRC. Biggest let down- the all-new ugly Fiesta ST.

All pics will be shared soon, but here are some teasers!

200 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

023 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

411 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

1073 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

327 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

710 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

458 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

1284 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

1896 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

1781 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

1748 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

1565 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

1975 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2098 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2128 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2131 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
M3
I loved it, first time I've ever been & I can't wait to go again, definitely need more than a day to see everything. My god Geneva is expensive though.

Highlight of the show for me was the Bentley stand. Biggest let down for me was the BMW stand, I expected to see some more M cars & colours.

Few teaser photos also, Will upload the rest with an RMS article (y)

Geneva Motorshow-9209
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Geneva Motorshow-9089

Geneva Motorshow-9314

Geneva Motorshow-9283

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Reno, as always your photos absolutely suck, I have no idea why you continue with this aspiration to be a photographer

/sarcasm

Stunning pics. That blue DB11 :heart:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
OP
Reno_LV
Drives
Honda S2000
Thank you @warren
Lol, thank you so much @Gaz - appreciate it!
@Boydie definately go if you get a chance! The flights were mental this year but show itself is cheaper than any local shows!
Rest of the photos will be online soon!

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
What flights did you go for in the end @Reno_LV ?
Used to be really easy with Easyjet, fly on Friday morning, come back Saturday evening. Seemed to have stopped half their flights now with odd days only now.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
The LW stuff:

giphy.gif

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Hotels reasonable.
Show entry cheap.
Public transport cheap.
Going out on the drink extend mortgage.
Burger chip and pint in average restaurant cost more than the Easyjet flight to get there.

Unless you're going mad it's actually very reasonable all in given that you are going to spend a bulk of the time in the show.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
OP
Reno_LV
Drives
Honda S2000
@impact flights were around £300 then dropped to £150 and back to £200 night before! I was covering for Yokohama so don't know how much were mine in the end! I usually fly sat morning there and back same evening! Couldn't afford to stay lol!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
OP
Reno_LV
Drives
Honda S2000
One car I completely forgot about to mention I loved is the MX-5.
I can see this slammed, rocket bunny'ied and it would be mega! Love them and don't care what anybody says! I see potential in these.

1616 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Flight, Hotel & show entry were pretty reasonable but food & pints were the expensive bit.

We stopped in one bar, 2 pints & 2 whiskey sours cost me £52. (69chf)
There's me outraged that a crappy sandwich in Belfast Central train station was £3.95 and a bottle of Coke was £1.95 lol

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Out of interest has anyone ever been to the Paris motor show? Supposed to be the biggest, just wondering how it rated against Geneva.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Reno_LV I forwarded your picture of the DB11 to a mate - he works for AM and his project is the tractable roof on the convertible - said the picture was awesome!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
OP
Reno_LV
Drives
Honda S2000
Thanks @Boydie , appreciate it! It is a stunning car from any angle and I can't wait till somebody books a shoot with one!

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Smashing photos as always!

The cars - the Liberty Walk thing with all its appendages has a touch of SNIFFFF about it. And the NACA duct on the RUF - seems to be in the form of a badly a fitted insert?

Bugatti is amazing though, live the way the incorporate that big trade mark swirl from back in the day.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
I went on the first weekend. Very good as usual and the crowds werent as busy as other years - IMO at least.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
is anyone heading over to the 2018 show? I'm busting to see the Polestar as I only ever got to see the "boxcar" under construction while I was on the project. The boxcar does about 5mph under very controlled conditions with lots of fire extinguishers on hand in a borrowed body or frame!

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
is anyone heading over to the 2018 show? I'm busting to see the Polestar as I only ever got to see the "boxcar" under construction while I was on the project. The boxcar does about 5mph under very controlled conditions with lots of fire extinguishers on hand in a borrowed body or frame!

Heading on the 14th looking forward to it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.