Getting quotes with points

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
I have some points on my license, but the NI penalty point reference codes don't match up with the English codes when using sites like confused.com. Is there any work around for this that doesn't involve ringing up a ton of companies for a quote?

althebass

RMS Regular
Drives
Model A Ford
I normally use the ‘sp30’ I think it is or whatever the equivalent code is.
Before arranging cover I would speak to them about it and make sure we’re both happy. Normally they’re fine after some contact.
I’m with Admiral at the minute, 3 points outside the Culloden one night about 18 months ago now I think.

finn28

RMS Regular
OP
finn28
Drives
350z
Yea, I use SP30 for my speeding points and that is ok. But these points are ' E031 Driver does not have proper control of the vehicle. Careless driving', closest I can find is MS60

MS60 - Offences not covered by other codes (including offences relating to breach of requirements as to control of vehicle)

althebass

RMS Regular
Drives
Model A Ford
Yea, I use SP30 for my speeding points and that is ok. But these points are ' E031 Driver does not have proper control of the vehicle. Careless driving', closest I can find is MS60

MS60 - Offences not covered by other codes (including offences relating to breach of requirements as to control of vehicle)
Was that 6 points?
If so I’d go with that then have a chat with the companies with the lower quotes.
I think I had to scan both parts of my license in the end so they were happy with the offence code.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S

CD10

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Diffing or drifting?

finn28

RMS Regular
OP
finn28
Drives
350z
3 Points, drifting. I'll give CD10 a try and sort it out over the phone with whoever is cheapest. Most likely be Flux again.

finn28

RMS Regular
OP
finn28
Drives
350z
Got a quote there and it only put up the premium by £40 with my extra points and additional modifications.

Reactions: Ben

finn28

RMS Regular
OP
finn28
Drives
350z
Yea I couldn't believe it, thought I was going to park the car up for a while until my 3 speeding points lapsed off in November. I got the woman on the phone to use the MS60 code as it seems to be less harsh than CD10.

£535 for the year, with 6 points, a non fault £0 accident, and all mods declared.

Reactions: Ben