Glass Scratch Removal

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

scott_306

RMS Regular
i have a very light scartch across my windscreen

anyone use or know of anything to remove

thanks

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Try toothpaste on it (no joke). There are glass polishing kits on ebay too worth the money

watsy106

RMS Regular
toothpaste lol. get stuff called "jewellers rouge" if i can remember i got it some place on the boucher road this stuff works a treat. p.s lot of buffing required

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
watsy106 said:
toothpaste lol. get stuff called "jewellers rouge" if i can remember i got it some place on the boucher road this stuff works a treat. p.s lot of buffing required

^o) Toothpaste actually works because it has a very light abrasive action, therefore won't scratch the glass any worse.

watsy106

RMS Regular
ah rite mite try that some time. that stuff jewellers rouge is a power compund and has to be mixed with water. i had to do all of the windows in my grandfathers micra as he took it to a disabled charity car wash and i think they used a brick to wash it.

scott_306

RMS Regular
OP
S
metro1800 said:
Try toothpaste on it (no joke). There are glass polishing kits on ebay too worth the money

lol, any particular brand of toothpaste?
crest, macleans, aquafresh etc?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
pmsl - 'smokers' toothpaste (like Pearl Drops) is more abrasive than others afaik

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.