Go Petrol Station - Carrickfergus

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Got a full tank of their SUL the other night and will post when I work out how it performs in the scooby compared to BP Ultimate and Sainsbury's SUL.....

At present there is no noticeable difference between Sainsbury's and BP in my car except for the 3-5p a litre saving at Sainsbury's......

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
That doesn't make any sense to me. Surely if you fire £30 in you could have used £33 worth of fuel for xxx miles, then the next time you fill you could have used £28 worth of fuel and so on... unless your fuel guage is seriously accurate or you fill the very second your fuel light flicks on? :confounded:

The only way to get the mpg calculation right is to fill it to the brim each time and take your calculation based on that (even at that it's still not 100% accurate because you could probably get a litre or so in after the initial click-off so it's not always possible to have the tank at exactly the same level as when you first reset the odo).

Oh & Brendy, my wee Ibiza takes about £35 to brim :laughing:

i find filling the car with same amount every time is more accurate. mine takes 50 litres at time, and i fill before the petrol light comes on too.

livie18t

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Type R
Nice 1 Brocks I've been using Bp Sul as mines is a import& octane booster but Bp keeps bumping up the price every week was going to change over to sainsburys as I work right beside it but wasn't to sure on the quality of there fuel

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Wish my motor was £30 to fill. Put £70 in it last weekend FFS, and 1/4 of it's gone already and I haven't been anywhere. (n)

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
frig... i fought it was like 30p or something :scream: learn something new everyday

Probablty scare you even more to learn that its broke down like this per litre:

Cost to actually find, refine, manufacture, and distribute fuel. aprrox : £0.30-£0.35
Add on retail price for garages £0.10-£0.03
Tax and reveunves £0.70-£0.80

steve_yfzracer

RMS Regular
Drives
fabia vrs
Another question, why is fuel always priced 119.9p or 113.9p? Why not just £1.20 or £1.14?

Im aware the difference across the board of that £0.001 in the whole of the UK would be millions of pounds but why is it never a round number?

I would have thought it was a marketing technique, the first number is the number that catches ur eye.. 119.9 seems more appeling than 120 at a glance..

That doesn't make any sense to me. Surely if you fire £30 in you could have used £33 worth of fuel for xxx miles, then the next time you fill you could have used £28 worth of fuel and so on... unless your fuel guage is seriously accurate or you fill the very second your fuel light flicks on? :confounded:

The only way to get the mpg calculation right is to fill it to the brim each time and take your calculation based on that (even at that it's still not 100% accurate because you could probably get a litre or so in after the initial click-off so it's not always possible to have the tank at exactly the same level as when you first reset the odo).

Oh & Brendy, my wee Ibiza takes about £35 to brim :laughing:

Best way is to go to the same pump, and fill until it clicks and leave it at that, should be the same amount in every time??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.