Golf a bit closer to the ground

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
I finally bit the bullet and lowered the Golf a bit. I put 16v gas struts all round and -40mm springs on. Not overly low but a fair bit stiffer now.

DSCF1821.jpg

DSCF1831.jpg

DSCF1832.jpg

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
looks better alrite... some clear indicators and later light clusters etc wud make a big diff imo

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Very nice indeed. Sits nicely now. What about the black badges for the centres of the wheels instead of the silver ones?

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
Yeah I've been thinking about the black badges, all in good time.

Considering splashing out on german style plates too.

scotty

RMS Regular
Drives
ST Tdci / Saph
single headlights grille wouldmake the world of difference, looking good, keep up the good work!

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
Was that you that flashed me in the blue clio mate?

kylus1986

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GT
aye i was comin from behind u at the lights at the bottom of lylehill, was on my way back from ellie mays

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Simple but looks like an extremely straight n tidy wee motor...

R u wantin to do things with it or keep it standard n more eye catchin that way if u know what i mean???

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
Looks very well - A mint motor.

Gonna do this to my Driver next week + plus a few other OEM touches........

Gambit

RMS Regular
looking really well. and just as golfs should be - nice n discreet styling

only thing on the front id do is the black VW badge - stuff like changing lenses / gti spoliers etc will not suit the car one bit. keep it OE looking

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
eamon343 said:
Much better!!! What about a gti rear window with the spoiler??

I have a GTI tailgate lying in the shed, was thinking about swapping the window but I'll probably do a photoshop first incase it looks crap.

Marc

RMS Moderator
i like this little car.. and think the rear bumper would be a nice addition to it :grinning:

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
get that rear wiper laying flat!!!

and either 16v rear lights, or all red, lovely condition thats in, unusual colour too.

Luke MK2

Drives
Passat B6
looks real well, id consider some lower profile tyres to make a subtle difference to the wheels and handling.

german plates would look the part, but the ones with blue bands at the side may get you more attention from the 5-0

looks mint!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.