GOLF G60

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Not much of an update on this.

The whole project has started to drag it`s heel now dead lines have been and gone and still i wait on parts/work being done not to mention the same thing is happening with my garage and driveway promised work will be done weeks ago and still noting the constant let down`s are starting to get really annoying but
sure that is one of the curve ball`s life throw`s at you. I have in away for got about the Golf and with the build taking so long frustration does set in and it gets to the point where I want to give up but as the better half say`s im to far in to stop now.

In other news I have been looking at dumping the idea of Voomeran Archs and going for a full wide arch kit along with Skirts to suit so i have spoke with my guy in England and he has come up with some idea`s and its cool that i have an input on the design of the kit if it all works out the panels will be in carbon.

FD337CD4-1215-454B-9C25-6A45E20883D9_zpscvwa3drm.jpg

Marc

RMS Moderator
no harm, but get the thing built and worry about changing things at a later date, at the moment you have a vast sum of parts sitting, enough to build it! and over again im sure.

If work is stalled, look elsewhere, im sure you can get it to a stage where you can enjoy it at least a little bit.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Marc I`d love to get it built but the Roll Cage has been holding me up for a few months now back when i dropped it off in Feb it was ment to be two weeks and i was ok with that then months past it was ment to be finished over the July break and progress was made cage was coming on well and it all looked good but then work stalled and it hasnt kicked off since july so thats holding me up as its out of my hands. I have been told it will be done over the next week so i hope to collect the car in the new year and i will then start building it up and get it on all four wheels but this all depends on the cage being done next week.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I would not have the patience for that! I would be lifting it and getting someone else to do it :grinning: but its a big project and I can understand a few weeks/maybe 2 months delay at most, but if your paying good money for it I would be expecting it is completed at least close to on-time.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
You've waited 9 months for what is effectively some pipe to be welded inside your Golf?
That my man is utter madness. I'd have had the car lifted mid march if that couldn't have been done in 3 weeks tops.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Chris your telling me I just dont like upsetting people as im easy going and hate creating hassle at times im my own worst nightmare. I could of had the car sent to England and finished there including the rear subframe to house the hadlex but i hate nagging people to get stuff done.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Know what you mean, but if that is how they treat you now then just wait to see what happens should there be a problem.

Get it shipped to England and have it done. Unless you are dealing with a personal friend doing you a huge favour or something.

Will save you loads of money too - every day of delays is another day of changing your mind and buying even more expensive bits to replace the other already eye-wateringly expensive bits you already have :p :innocent:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
If they haven't the car done for New year I'd be collecting it and taking it else where, I'd also phone them up now and tell them that and hope it kicks them into gear.

Gambit

RMS Regular
i wouldnt want anybody looking at anything next week....it would actually be worse quality than a friday afternoon job getting someone to do something over christmas week!

just lift it in new year and if need be mothball it somewhere till you get a plan of action and people to work on it set out. Otherwise you'll end up hating the fooking thing

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Chris your telling me I just dont like upsetting people as im easy going and hate creating hassle at times im my own worst nightmare. I could of had the car sent to England and finished there including the rear subframe to house the hadlex but i hate nagging people to get stuff done.

I find more and more, particularly in work, if you don't hassle and stand on peoples necks to get work done it simply doesn't happen. No longer can you place an order or organise a subcontractor and fully expect it to arrive on time or have the work done to the correct standard.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I hate hassling people I feel at times im putting unwanted pressure on them. The dead line is this week coming in if its not done then it`s being collected and shipped to England.

@Gambit I know what your saying but even tho he has took this long he puts 110% into his work his down side is his timing.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Awesome build. Will be quite something when completed.
Have you paid over any money for the work your waiting on?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Derekm Thanks alot for your kind words. Yes i have paid for the work already I prefer to pay before a jobs done possibly the wrong thing todo lol.

Marc

RMS Moderator
@Derekm Thanks alot for your kind words. Yes i have paid for the work already I prefer to pay before a jobs done possibly the wrong thing todo lol.

its been paid for?!!? you are mad! he has no incentive to get it finished, say you knew you had a £1000 coming in once you finished a job, you would have the motivation to get up on a sunday morning and throw a few hours into it so you get the reward at the end of it. Hope you get sorted soon!

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Ah yeah I would never pay for work before its done and im completely happy with it or at least withhold a good proportion back until completion. At least then you have a bit more leverage to get stuff done and finished. I have found that many times before with jobs. As soon as the money is handed over, the incentive to get it completed or sort out a problem just isn't there anymore and it becomes a real hassle to get anything done. People are much keener when they know they are owed some money!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Ive been assured it will be completed next week for me to collect so hopefully no drama`s.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That means you have no option other than leaving it and hoping for the best, or going to court and hoping for the best. Honestly, there is being nice and being a bit naive, if you don't mind me saying so.

Never pay for a job until it is complete. Part payment for materials or work that has actually been carried out is one thing (against some sort of evidence, at least seeing the stuff), but beyond that it is pay on delivery.

Not the same as haggling or arguing over an agreed price to be clear. Just basic insurance if something goes wrong or doesn't work out. Nobody would get offended, perfectly normal. Or rather, if they did get offended then walk away.

Work on the house, work on the car, whatever, all the same.

Anyway, we live and learn and all that. Really hope you get it back next week! And if he is as good as you say then happy days :grinning:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Hope you get it back soon, if not I would give him a ultimatum and see if that gets it done. I believe people should give me the same service a I would expect from them and messing people around for months on a job they could finish within a week it just plain rude and disrespectful.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Getting anything done over here is a nightmare. Failed promises and let downs are so common. And other people's jobs getting squeezed in before yours, there pound coins must be worth more than my pound coins. Strange that one.
Good luck. Jiffy bag it all to the mainland.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Almost a year for a roll cage. There's no excuse for that really. He may be good at what he does but I wouldn't have let him get away with messing you about that length of time. These are the reasons so many people give up on project cars.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO