GOLF G60

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Mr.Mint Rick has done an awesome job on my pipe work. His work is out standing..

@Chris Mac Thanks alot I hope it all works out as I plan.

Some of Ricks work

Custom made manifold
null_zpsfe041f48.jpg

null_zpsc1156f42.jpg

null_zps95c2b1c6.jpg

GolfFab002_zps131f2b29.jpg

RoniN

RMS Regular
Right back to some of the engine. I'm near sure I will be the only 6 speed Vr Turbo in Ireland.

You'll have the only Mk2 6speed Vr Turbo in Ireland, there's a Mk3 down south a few years ago if it's still about??
Brilliant work so far, luv threads like this (y)

Cheers

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Was one of my favourite cars used to see it about all the time! Had heard it was undergoing an epic rebuild but i didnt expect this! look forward to seeing it again!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Thanks Guys.. I wasn't going to do a build thread until it was finished but since its not going to be ready for Edition 38 I thought I'd share the progress. I have some custom car bits for the car as well but sadly I won't be sharing pictures until the cars finished.

Few more pictures

null_zps7dd51d0d.jpg

null_zpsc8c257af.jpg

null_zps5c0e63bb.jpg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Class! I have always loved your Mk2 Tufty.
Its going to be an animal when you have finished.

Only slight criticism is that the body shop didn't remove the numberplate stickies on the tailgate, and its now been primed, painted and cleared over. Means you can never run with a nice small plate on the rear.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Class! I have always loved your Mk2 Tufty.
Its going to be an animal when you have finished.

Only slight criticism is that the body shop didn't remove the numberplate stickies on the tailgate, and its now been primed, painted and cleared over. Means you can never run with a nice small plate on the rear.

Thanks Ben it will be so good to have it back out. Yea the number plate sticky is abit of a bollocks. I have the car in getting some paint again so I might pop the boot back in a get it sorted.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Excellent project.

Who is rick that made the exhaust bits and intercooler piping? I may have a job for this man, tastey work!

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
WOW mate I will be keeping a close eye on this !!! I love how my mk2 vr6 goes so I cant even imagine how that is going to go . Just awesome dude .!!!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
What a build this is:cool:, ill def be keeping up to date with this one, fair play man for taking it on(y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looking forward to seeing the progress (y).

What engine is it exactly? What sort of power are you hoping to get from it?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@B-Lorenzo Pm me and i will pass on Ricks details if you wish.
@Neil@rockvale Thanks alot.. Ive never been in a Vr Mk2 before im sure they pull well in standard form. Mine will more than likely scare the life outta me..
@Burt2000 Thanks alot Burt its been fun so far..
@Lyons it was a 2.8 VR6 its now a 3.0 VR6 Turbo. Power wise anything over 500bhp and i will be happy.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
The day I picked the car up to take it away to get all custom exhaust pipe and boost pipes made..

null_zpsf7e4ca0b.jpg

This brings my build up to date I've more pictures to come but this will do for tonight haha.. I've missed a few things but I will add them in later.

Look at the stands of Joe, looking happy as ever! He must be hanging lol!

Great work Tufty, long overdue!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
We had to modify the front panel where the headlights sit so we could fit the intercooler. As the Vr engine sits very forward in the bay it left us little to no room to
work with so we had to cut the front panel to allow the intercooler to sit tight to the bumper and also we had todo some cutting where the headlights sit.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Top marks on the precision turbo lad, I myself junked my old GT35 in favour of a PT6466. The 35 is going on the ZX 16V as long as I can make a manifold fit.

PS you see that intercooler. I have one the same design but I found it was much more efficient when I cut one of the end tanks off and reversed it so it wasnt directly opposite the other one if you know what I mean?

evolessrick

RMS Member
Drives
EVO 0!!
I love Golf's, especially red(ish) ones. Keep up the shamizing work on this splendtacular car. U will wanna nip down 2 Mr Hennings 4 some more stopping power next! Lol ;)

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Top marks on the precision turbo lad, I myself junked my old GT35 in favour of a PT6466. The 35 is going on the ZX 16V as long as I can make a manifold fit.

PS you see that intercooler. I have one the same design but I found it was much more efficient when I cut one of the end tanks off and reversed it so it wasnt directly opposite the other one if you know what I mean?

Yea Mark i know what you mean I will look into this.