GOLF G60

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
As svensktoppen had already mentioned, you will be fine for regular trackdays which I am sure is all you will be attending.

I'm could also do with some new bucket seats that also have a limited space to fit in, I actually don't really want to get rid of the stock seats but they are limiting my ability to drive the car to its best, I need something that can hold me in place better. Interested to see what you go for, Id imagine you'd like something with a carbon back to fit in with the res of your carbon, I fancy some carbon backed brides.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Small update

I bought some corbeau club sport`s from Clark I have been searching for seats for months now and decided these will do the job to get things moving on.

Also one of my regrets was selling my rear syncro axle for at the time it was the right thing to do as i was going for a custom set up but it never took off so I have been on the look out for an axle for the past few weeks and thankfully at 4am this morning i found on in England so it should be with me middle of feb and this is great news as i can then get the cage finished and the car back home to be built up for summer.

And this is what i have coming.

16237075_397771293901179_2085488856_n.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Really looking forward to seeing this when its done, easily one of my Favourite cars in NI, I prefer cars that are built by an individual rather than just being bought and left pretty much as they came bar a few mods. Build are car like this and its very much your own car and your own creation.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Not much has happened with the car in the past two months as I'm waiting on parts I.E the rear axle and also the no progress on my garage has also halted proceedings as I can't take the car home but thankfully all is under control and progress will be happening very soon.

In the mean time my main man Lewis from Prototype22 has came up with the answer to my no carpet issues and has made these for both myself and Amit who is building a Bergcup Mk1.

F3022EDA-030A-4C10-BF6D-1F0EFA143F7F_zps5rywzsnx.jpg

20264F1F-C721-4998-B489-9F7354325B7D_zpsibenamfv.jpg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Hopefully yes Ian.

I just need to have a big push this weekend to sort the garage out and get it finished then I can take the car home and start building back up again.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
You can get matt paint protection film that should really help with keeping the carbon floor perfect. Decent self.healing film will take scuff marks out with a bit of heat too. Would be a shame to cover that floor with mats lol
Probably carbon fibre mats too to be fair :p

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Small update

I picked the car up a few months back with help from @Ged we then took her to be sandblasted as it was parked in a bush for a number of months as I’d fell out of love with it..constantly being ****ed about and let down by other’s but I guess that’s how this car modifying business goes. Thankfully the sand blasting helped me regain some love for the car but with a change in life’s circumstances I’ve had to once again change some plans for the car and the big one is the engine. Sadly the engine was sold on Friday so the dream of a Big Turbo Vr is over. I will be concentrating on getting the car back into some kind of shape and working out a plan for the engine in due time. In my mind I’m looking at an R32 engine on ITB’s but we will see what happens over the next few months.

Stay tuned but don’t hold your breath.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Do you ever regret starting this Tufty considering it was, in many people’s opinions, a superb example of a G60?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Ross yes me and my missus had this conversation the other night and looking back now I should of just painted it and change the wheels and interior but we all have dreams that seem right at the time but reflecting back on it maybe I should of left the dream a dream. My fear with continuing the build is that I’d hate the end product..

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I always think that putting threads up on cars puts people under a lot of pressure to finish projects when in reality, there are a lot more important things in life to be getting on with. I have a car in my garage that has been on my to do list for nearly 30 years ffs. Finish it however you want to and let everyone else know whenever you want. I have too many car related dreams tbh but I've just resolved to do whatever the hell I feel like at the time. Hope you get your mojo back.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I always think that putting threads up on cars puts people under a lot of pressure to finish projects when in reality, there are a lot more important things in life to be getting on with. I have a car in my garage that has been on my to do list for nearly 30 years ffs. Finish it however you want to and let everyone else know whenever you want. I have too many car related dreams tbh but I've just resolved to do whatever the hell I feel like at the time. Hope you get your mojo back.

That is the nail on the head I feel in some way I’m letting people down with not finishing it the way I had planned but sure what will be will be.

@Mark_C i have thought about it lol.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
That is the nail on the head I feel in some way I’m letting people down with not finishing it the way I had planned but sure what will be will be.

@Mark_C i have thought about it lol.
Don’t think you’re letting anyone down dude.

Project cars are just that. Projects.

I loved your car as it was. But you had big plans and whatever you do with it will make it your own - we all know that.

Shelve it for a while if you need to. Don’t just rush into something to ‘finally’ get it out.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Tfsi is relatively cheap, a drop in set of rods, pistons and all gaskets with the stronger connecting rods is 1300 quid from tsr. Mine ran 400hp reliably every day with minimal extra bolt on parts for over a year and returned good mpg on a run with torque from low revs. And it was barely tuned.