GOLF G60

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@lee2050 I think thanks is in order here lol.

@svensktoppen the Orange will break the Carbon up I think painting it orange it will turn out like this and im not to keen on it.

upload_2018-10-18_17-55-10.png

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Well at least one of my tyres went on a diet today. I’m hoping these will work no bother.

3AA4DA23-6233-4261-B72E-B6D19FF3FA7B.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I spent a few hours in the garage last night checking clearance with the new tyre on and it’s 1000x times better fit.

27288BB7-90D8-40B7-96B6-18D67387F931.jpeg

0990DBF3-D88F-47DA-A7E0-D5042D75428E.jpeg

30536848-59C1-4DA0-9502-F5FEAD23A1E4.jpeg

I even made a start on the engine bay as I’m looking the engine in today so I can get the exhaust manifold made.

1ADBB8DB-D7FD-45F0-84BF-8D544BE64CFC.jpeg

colin84

RMS Regular
You are definitely nuts lol.

Is the tyre not a bit close for comfort? What about suspension travel etc?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
It is to close for comfort I have a bit more trimming to do at either side of the rear arch’s. There is room for suspension travel it clears and no more but once I get a smaller tyre on the other side I will have a better idea of what needs done. That’s the plan for today.

pablo

RMS Moderator
@lee2050 I think thanks is in order here lol.

@svensktoppen the Orange will break the Carbon up I think painting it orange it will turn out like this and im not to keen on it.

View attachment 212451

seeing that Id be wondering if orange was the right choice, obviously HUGELY personal decision but how about something more understated like nardo etc. would look epic against the carbon. Again, your car your choice but just throwing it out there, we are all in this with you :grinning:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@pablo i love grey and it would work well with the carbon I do fully agree but in my eyes it would tame the beast. A good friend has just recently went from Red to White/Grey and it’s lovely. The orange will look awesome with the carbon panels.

0FB2EFDA-1D01-44C4-9015-917B3CFD5276.jpeg

6F9B2BA2-8A5D-4263-B61F-2BEB7A51EC8F.jpeg

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The progress has slowed a little on this as I decided to take a little break from it for a week.

In the down time last week we looked at my brake options and decided that the 6 pots where just to big for my build so I’ve purchased this little kit today and it should be here Wednesday. One of my reason’s for going for this kit is that it’s a direct bolt on job and he has offered good warranty on the bits.

E4A22A6F-83EE-4793-ABBC-386874224145.png

1F3C7941-4309-40B7-9DCA-A7E4FFA36938.png

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The only reservation I'd have there is the size of the wastegate pipework, and the direction it's facing (past 90 degrees to flow), you could well get a lot of boost creep there. (Unless the camera angle is bad and there are 2 x 38mm at 90 degrees)

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The only reservation I'd have there is the size of the wastegate pipework, and the direction it's facing (past 90 degrees to flow), you could well get a lot of boost creep there. (Unless the camera angle is bad and there are 2 x 38mm at 90 degrees)

You know what I didnt even think of that I have been to busy making sure the Turbo will fit behind the engine. I guess we can sit down to night and work that out.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Great spot, and totally correct, the air will not want to make that turn, it really needs to be as close to the direction of flow as you can possibly get it.

Thats one great thing about thing about Borg Warner EFR turbos, they have internal wastegates positioned really nicely to the flow with oversized gates, they also have built in recirculating blow off valves, speed sensor ports, nice neat wastegate actuators and soleniod all neatly packaged. Anyhow not much use as you aren't going to be wanting to change turbo.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Great spot, and totally correct, the air will not want to make that turn, it really needs to be as close to the direction of flow as you can possibly get it.

Thats one great thing about thing about Borg Warner EFR turbos, they have internal wastegates positioned really nicely to the flow with oversized gates, they also have built in recirculating blow off valves, speed sensor ports, nice neat wastegate actuators and soleniod all neatly packaged. Anyhow not much use as you aren't going to be wanting to change turbo.

I've an EFR 9180 for my skyline, realistically it's far too big and I will go smaller however I still haven't been able to bring myself to take the museum piece T78 off as it makes a hilarious noise and the lag is comical it makes it so much fun

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
984d5025-5e44-4ea5-98f3-fbdef883f8ba-jpeg.212710

@Mark_C We came up with a plan last night to cut the manifold from below the wastegate pipe and extend it high by 4 inchs and then add a new wastegate pipe on the extended pipe..We have that room to play with so hopefully that will solve the problem.

It should end up looking something like this below.

P1020254.jpg

Mark_C

RMS Regular
@Mark_C We came up with a plan last night to cut the manifold from below the wastegate pipe and extend it high by 4 inchs and then add a new wastegate pipe on the extended pipe..We have that room to play with so hopefully that will solve the problem.

It should end up looking something like this below.

Nice, wee upgrade to 44/46 if you have the room too would be well worth it

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Mark_C you dont have one sitting about? I sold my one about 6 months ago thinking I wouldnt need it lol.