GOLF G60

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Could you paint it orange and leave the body line along the car showing carbon?

Or a transparent paint which will be orange but still show the carbon/weave?

Or just go orange, it'll look great lol!

1. That what @natogreen16v suggested as well leave a body line in carbon and I too think that would look so good but id keep the roof in carbon.
2. Transparent is also an idea its something i have been thinking about but id like to see a panel done before id commit
3. All orange but keep the roof skin carbon and maybe inside doors,boot and bonnet

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Sending my wishes to you and your daughter mate.

What about black/dark grey panels to go with the bare carbon. Might look better than bare carbon and orange.

Then do the cage orange!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Ben P My main problem is I love the Orange it was one of my sole reason`s for buying the car I had thought of doing the car the same grey as the roll cage but I cant bring myself to make such a big change.

Thanks for all the kind words in regards to my daughter its been a roller coaster of emotions lately and will continue to be until they manage to get a plan in place.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Sorry about your Daughter, thoughts are with you.

Regarding the paint, I think it looks terrible with mi and match carbon panels. Thats just my opinion, but you did ask. For me I see four options:

Mostly painted apart from trims like wing, mirrors, lip etc.
All painted apart from roof, possibly bonnet although with orange I'd probably paint this also, could always leave it unpainted at first to test.
Paint it a shade of grey to match the exposed carbon.
Skin the remaining panels in carbon.

Cro

RMS Regular
1642540397219.png

What about a top/bottom split tufty?

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
What I had suggested to @Tufty was fully orange with something along the lines of these decals only instead of it being a sticker have it showing through the carbon underneath. Each panel would be exposed somewhere to hint at what's under it but subtly.

Obviously for the steel quarter panels you could either have that section in vinyl or a paint closely matching the carbon colour

s-l300 (1).jpg

0002031_golf-mk2-side-stripes-and-rear-quarter-stickers-stripes_550.jpeg

0011916_mk2-golf-gti-side-stripes-stickers_415.jpeg

0005296_mk2-golf-jetta-bonnet-fade-stripes-sticker-textured-protection-vinyl_550.jpeg

Connor

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Black/grey that is a close match to carbon…. Leave your carbon exposed.

If you feel Iike you need to include orange, do orange around the grill where the GTI is red & do something like the pic for the wheels

Less is more 🙂
When it comes to painting the car I’ve absolutely no idea what i wanna do. I know I’ve mentioned it before but part of me wants to keep the carbon but part of me doesn’t as i feel it would look crap so ive been exploring ideas.

So I messed about on Forza for A few hours to try help but its not working out lol.

View attachment 347050
View attachment 347051View attachment 347052

seanmooney

RMS Regular
What I had suggested to @Tufty was fully orange with something along the lines of these decals only instead of it being a sticker have it showing through the carbon underneath. Each panel would be exposed somewhere to hint at what's under it but subtly.

Obviously for the steel quarter panels you could either have that section in vinyl or a paint closely matching the carbon colour

View attachment 347112

View attachment 347109

Connor

Love the idea of these two mixed together.

Sorry to hear about your daughter @Tufty

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@salster if she had her way with it it would be pink. How ever a good friend of mine is currently building his and its pink with Carbon but the skitter wont let me get molds of the 1/4 panels as they are carbon. I have been asking for a few years now and he wont bite at all. @EF Ian if i could find someone local that would fancy doing 1/4 panels I would go for it I know we would be talking big money but at this point it wouldn`t bother me as the cars going no where.

1642585329470.png

295E218C-3F77-405A-8BD9-01DC326F1329.jpeg

@Cro & @Rocko if this was early 2000`s i would consider two tone and air brushing. I dont want to hide the carbon but again I dont want an unfinished look either.
@natogreen16v has fired some idea`s my way and i like the idea of a pin stripe in carbon.
@Blackie & @dh1079 and everyone else thanks for your kind words in regards to my daughter there is a long road ahead but we will get there.

@EF Ian I have considered skinning as well but again no one here is up for the job. I had a quick chat with Baltic in Germany and they would be up for the job but haven`t a price as yet but I know they wouldn't be cheap as both doors are 3k.

I will get on the computer later and do some more designs.

Most of my bits have landed today and stub axles should be here tomorrow so I will be in the garage this weekend trying to get her back on all fours and then attempt to sort the wiring out which i will fail at as I don't have a clue but I have @56oval lending a hand so it should be all good.

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Tufty are you able to get some good straight OEM quarter panels to make a mould of...they don't need to be carbon to have a mould made from,.

I have done a quick search this morning and there is noting out there bar a LH Golf Rallye 1/4 @£1500. I would even consider buying a golf to take the 1/4`s off but the price of them at the minute is mental.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was going to say, get hold of a scrap or Cat car with those panels intact? Would still be a lot of money and effort just for cosmetics really.

I think sticking with orange with black/carbon detailing would look fantastic without making massive changes or spending tons of money.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Was going to say, get hold of a scrap or Cat car with those panels intact? Would still be a lot of money and effort just for cosmetics really.

I think sticking with orange with black/carbon detailing would look fantastic without making massive changes or spending tons of money.

What way would you do it?

Leave the roof carbon, paint bonnet,boot and wings but leave the insides carbon? When you open the door you will see the carbon like wise lift the bonnet you will see the carbon and then the top of the wing that's under the bonnet leave that carbon or just wrap the outside orange.

1642599335304.png

Apologies in advance if I'm racking anyone's head lol.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I have done a quick search this morning and there is noting out there bar a LH Golf Rallye 1/4 @£1500. I would even consider buying a golf to take the 1/4`s off but the price of them at the minute is mental.

It's hard to believe you don't have atleast 6 other golf's lieing about there to take stuff off 😝 you've changed lol

Sorry to hear about ur daughter tufty and fingers crossed for the future