GOLF G60

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
**** mate, really horrible to hear of your daughters problem, 😢 hopefully working on the car will give you both some focus away from the obvious, fingers crossed she gets through this :worried:

Thanks alot Mark.

We are in Limbo at the minute with everything as their is some complications with her brain so they cant nail down a date for the operation so rather than keep her in hospital until such times the can operate.. They have sent her home and she is back to school but its proving difficult for her so school has reduced her hours and now they are looking at reducing the days as well as she is very tired but I have to admit they have been super with sorting everything and looking after our other two children. She has been a wee star lately and give me the kick I needed to get back to the Golf.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Thanks alot Mark.

We are in Limbo at the minute with everything as their is some complications with her brain so they cant nail down a date for the operation so rather than keep her in hospital until such times the can operate.. They have sent her home and she is back to school but its proving difficult for her so school has reduced her hours and now they are looking at reducing the days as well as she is very tired but I have to admit they have been super with sorting everything and looking after our other two children. She has been a wee star lately and give me the kick I needed to get back to the Golf.

Lying in hospital wouldn’t have done her any favours, giving her as normal a life a a possible is great! Our 1st world car problems really do get put in their place sometimes :worried:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@MarkM as good as the Hospital it is it wasn't her own bed or surroundings and we could see it was annoying her plus you just want your children home as selfish as it sounds but no one wants to spend long periods of time in Hospital if it can be avoided. Cars in general where the least of my worries but she has been picking on me the last few weeks as I told her the Golf was meant to be finished before she was born and we are now 9 years into that lol.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
@Tufty sorry to hear all that's going on, but good that you've the golf for you both to concentrate on!

Must say, I like the idea of orange with the bit of carbon showing through on the sides, carbon roof and @natogreen16v idea for the bootlid is cool. Would a similar thing on the bonnet work where a bit of carbon is left bare but mostly paint could look neat too.

Wasn't there a r32 engined mark 1 floated about years ago that had carbon panels that went from paint to just lacquered carbon on the front wings?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
There was indeed @cauld1 it was a nice touch with the wings on it.

This is the Golf

1642856006771.png

1642856135520.png

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Daughter is doing as best as she can but school is still a major struggle at the minute but they are working with us thankfully.

I have been down with a bug for the last week so noting has happened with the Golf but bits are still landing which is good so once I get back on my feet I will get back on it but as my run of bad luck continues my RS4 decided it would blow the oil cooler pipes off and spread its oil every where and its look very much like my engine is scrap but we will know better tomorrow when the new oil pipes arrive and we fit them/throw some oil in to it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh crap man, it never rains and all that 🙁 Just deal with one thing at a time, and the Golf might be further down on that list... Get to it when you get to it.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Oh crap man, it never rains and all that 🙁 Just deal with one thing at a time, and the Golf might be further down on that list... Get to it when you get to it.

If the engine turns out to be scrap tomorrow I had mentioned to the wife of possibly breaking the car for bits and putting the cash into an other car as a second hand engine is 10k and the bits to fix it off the top of my head are working out around 6k/8k. That said this is all worse case scenario but with my current luck it will be Fcked.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Well what can I say my luck has changed. This afternoon I got down to ASR Lurgan where myself and a good friend started work on the RS4 we put the oil pipes back on and give her a drink of some oil and she started first time..there were a few concerning noises for the first 20 seconds but once she settled and oil got in round it she was grand no more noises she took the revs no bother and managed a short journey. So I picked up new oil lines from Audi today they are going on Tuesday along with a service. Thankfully all is ok.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Good news...I would do something like this following the body lines .

Larger exposed Carbon at the front but when you follow the line back along the car it exposes the doors and then the rear

8FCA8E7E-5A3B-4BDC-BC2C-44E0D71301C4 copy.jpg

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Could you not tint your Clear coat with your chosen Orange Base Coat.

IF you get the correct level between transparent i.e "you can see the weave" and an Orange colour

Would give the best of both worlds

Having a dark base to base work with paint wise might work in your favor depending on the colour requirements might not.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Could you not tint your Clear coat with your chosen Orange Base Coat.

IF you get the correct level between transparent i.e "you can see the weave" and an Orange colour

Would give the best of both worlds

Having a dark base to base work with paint wise might work in your favor depending on the colour requirements might not.

I had thought about this as well. I had seen a video on Instagram over the weekend and someone done this and it turn out real well.

@Ben P I do love the pandem kit but it was mega money at the time I was pricing it...If i were to buy it it would possibly only end up in carbon any how.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Always loved this and always watched the progress ✌

Thanks for your kind words its actually nice to be doing something with it. I have said for many years it will be done this year and it never has been but things are moving at a steady pace but the German company who are making both wings and doors are messing me about I`ve been waiting two weeks now for a reply and still noting and they are not cheap.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I give it a quick clean on the inside but I need to get the Stub axles on and get it out side to properly clean it. So I will get this done this evening get the wheels back on push it out give it a good clean and prep it for the dry build.

BCDA6E3B-8E24-4EB7-BD68-20347208CBCC.jpeg

5227985C-5412-4632-B6F6-372F2E359CB7.jpeg

Before shot of the cage
2BE64C0C-C857-429E-A393-F69895F37B43.jpeg

After treated with some Annachem Hybrid (now my garage smells of Cool Water lol)
340D3B00-20AD-45E2-87A5-F803C17A9468.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I got an hour this afternoon to get the stub axles fitted and wheel on for a test fit. Tomorrow I will get back at it again and get the other side done then push her out into day light and get it cleaned inside. Also ignore the mess of the garage my wife seems to think it’s a dumping ground for her sh1t.
1ABD0EA0-1FBF-40A8-8740-9489A7CE1F92.jpeg

D8FFEC23-0FF0-42A1-8916-C2616D1C3977.jpeg
0221924C-7CE3-488D-BF31-B2CDC75C0D3D.jpeg
0D3A3303-03A6-488C-8A4D-3192A393CB09.jpeg
3A9AAF22-B8D3-4041-936F-FDB3A2386B38.jpeg
F7C4E023-0299-4628-B4D9-A01012CEDC93.jpeg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I got an hour this afternoon to get the stub axles fitted and wheel on for a test fit. Tomorrow I will get back at it again and get the other side done then push her out into day light and get it cleaned inside. Also ignore the mess of the garage my wife seems to think it’s a dumping ground for her sh1t.
View attachment 352346
View attachment 352347View attachment 352348View attachment 352349View attachment 352350View attachment 352351
I somehow doubt you aren't the only one. My ex did the same!

Good work though - when you think you'll have it finished?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
They are mad as soon as it was built she was planing where her space is and I’m like Eh No. Some how she has managed to get stuff in but that’s changing soon.

I can’t put a time on it as I’ve said for 14 years this is the year but we will see what happens this year.