GOLF G60

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
They are mad as soon as it was built she was planing where her space is and I’m like Eh No. Some how she has managed to get stuff in but that’s changing soon.

I can’t put a time on it as I’ve said for 14 years this is the year but we will see what happens this year.
Sounds like Project Binky! 🤣

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I didn't want to start a new thread for my new daily so I thought Id mention it in here. I was on the look out for a Caddy Maxi for a while and couldn't find one that I liked. I had explained to my dad what I was looking and he then give me a call to say Tufty I found the one at this point I was lets go get it as it ticks all the box`s and he was no sorry son its gone. Later that evening he rang to see where I was and like most nights I was in the house so he called round and low an behold he had bought the Caddy as he didn't want me to miss out on it.

Details are as follows

Year 2012
Engine1.6 Dead Diesel (I really would like to put a 2ltr TFSI in it)
Transmission - DSG
Colour - Black Berry Metallic

Plans - Wheels of some sort and lower it this has already been done. Ideally id like a Mk7 GTD front bumper and seats if I can find them but I don't want to get to carried away oh and also a new headunit that I can link my phone to and upgraded speakers and the standard ones are noting to write home about.. I have had 2 sets of wheels on it and the first set I ruined over winter by introducing them to the kerbs at the Royal Hospital.

Here are some pictures of it. Well due to poor signal this is the only one I can add at the minute but below is how it currently looks.

1647870618846.png

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
As mentioned earlier I had a set of wheels on the caddy before i decided to lower it but unfortunately lack of sleep and running to the Royal Victoria Hospital for Sick Children over the month of December I thought it would be a smashing idea to kerb all four wheels.

The colour of these where a custom job made up by my brother. I have no after pics of the wheels but they where in a bad way.
7450087C-147E-43D5-A141-8099FC54F74A.jpeg

B0E46F7F-EAC3-495C-9279-C95AA98216F3.jpeg

How ever I think it sits bang on the money now and the new wheels and colour kinda compliment the colour of the van it’s self.

0531739D-0709-435E-849A-9C9DC1592B37.jpeg

DEB33248-8802-4412-B225-D37A6F0471D5.jpeg

80A7A427-A1A6-457E-B3FA-5BE36A712D27.jpeg

JH86

RMS Regular
A maxi life with a garage door.. man has money 😂

Any options for getting a gtd bumper? I've tried for years now can't get anything decent for less than 500 most breakers want complete.. even accident damage would do its its getting cut in half anyway

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
A maxi life with a garage door.. man has money 😂

Any options for getting a gtd bumper? I've tried for years now can't get anything decent for less than 500 most breakers want complete.. even accident damage would do its its getting cut in half anyway

I`ve asked The Spoiler Centre to see what the can come up with but again its not cheap. It makes a job of the front them.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I have been buying a few bits to help push the old girl along and some have already arrived and more will follow this week and next. This time next week I’m hoping we will have all the brakes fitted and lines down the car to the servo along with all new fuel hoses. These are the important bits in my eyes oh and also a fuel tank as I threw my last one out. Once we get these bits done It will be on to the wiring and I will have no part in doing that as it’s over my head. Then I need to make some important decisions ref the inside of the car and if I’m running a dash or not along with carpet. I have settled on the idea I will be wrapping the car this year just so I can get it on the road and looking some what respectable.

I also purchased my passenger seat from @gav525 thanks so much. I am waiting on the mounts coming for it but you get an idea of how it will look.

9758B14B-1AF3-4147-9198-D8FDEB96EE4B.jpeg

92B868C2-D133-40D8-A662-A77B017E28E4.jpeg

8A4FA4D8-8465-4506-B2C0-4BECC83C446A.jpeg
8AEFA5CF-3612-4EA4-9C21-CF47B656CE68.jpeg
4A01D5CE-0E71-4FBF-A63A-7A15AE351F7B.jpeg
DF2DCE47-6282-467D-B800-5E3B9EA12433.jpeg

And of course one of the car for good measure.
EC2B196F-88E6-49DA-B26D-F3A48151F84D.jpeg

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Some work ahead @Tufty , always good to see an update on the Golf!

Would a RHD conversion be possible/wanted at this point or is there a significant amount of work required?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Some work ahead @Tufty , always good to see an update on the Golf!

Would a RHD conversion be possible/wanted at this point or is there a significant amount of work required?

I’m not keen on making it RHD it’s nice to scare people without out right speed lol. It’s funny to see them pressing a brake pedal that’s not there lol 😂.

There is plenty more to come and carbon as well.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I don’t think I’d even bother with a wrap tbh, it’ll be epic to have it on the road, and very project-like in a mis match of appearance. Put the £ towards the paint and just enjoy it.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Any more thoughts or mock ups of the colours you are going for?

It will consist of orange of some sort but I’m not nailed on a design as yet I found a guy on instagram who is willing todo a design for me so we will see how that turns out.

@Lyons I have the money to paint it it’s just how I go about it I’m struggling with. If I could find carbon 1/4 panels I’d have them but I don’t want to pay 5k just to skin mine.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
It will consist of orange of some sort but I’m not nailed on a design as yet I found a guy on instagram who is willing todo a design for me so we will see how that turns out.

@Lyons I have the money to paint it it’s just how I go about it I’m struggling with. If I could find carbon 1/4 panels I’d have them but I don’t want to pay 5k just to skin mine.
Did you ask @Con re carbon skinning

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
@southsky sunrise I have not as I didn`t want to appear like I was wasting his time. How ever @Con if you fancy pricing it up feel free to PM me.
My time is wasted talking to American Kids when they want carbon stuff done but don't actually think about how many labour hours there are involved.

PM coming your way

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
So with lots being done to the daily driver and noting with the Golf. I decided it was time to kick myself and start work on the old girl so I’ve ordered some bits for her.

First up is the new turbo manifold.
0C4E5CD0-AA95-40A1-8DF2-659BDE28A5E5.jpeg

I already have front calipers sitting in the garage but I couldn’t be bothered chasing up brackets so I bought this kit last night. It’s the brembo caliper from the 197 Clio using a Fiat Disc which is 305mm.

4521ADF4-F1C9-4062-9B75-C334E233F7A4.jpeg

3B4D3207-F8B9-4F7B-986F-F89CAF016BDD.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I have been getting some abuse from the wife with regards to the Golf as I have been telling her and everyone else it will be done This Summer and well it never was. She is partly to blame for it not being done as our wedding sucked all my Golf build money and it has took some time to get it back but its getting there. I made a list on Excel of what i needed to finish it and I have been working my way through it I think driveshafts are the last thing to get as i have got everything else. I am going to build it up in the new year when I say I am I mean myself and good friend he is the engineer and I am the tea maker lol. I will also rope @56oval into lending a hand when we reach that stage and as far paint im not that worried about it currently so it will be built up then mot`d/taxed and paint/wrap can follow.

In the meantime I bought this little tower to help with gear changing. I am so glad its Christmas as I can just tell the wife its a present for her if it lands when I'm not here.

1670495979178.png

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I think you are best getting in running before paint regardless, as its a major build, there will almost certainly be things you want to change, alter, adjust etc.

Hope you manage to get it on the road, running as it should and enjoy it, before saving up for the paint side of things as a future project.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I think you are best getting in running before paint regardless, as its a major build, there will almost certainly be things you want to change, alter, adjust etc.

Hope you manage to get it on the road, running as it should and enjoy it, before saving up for the paint side of things as a future project.

That is the plan.

It`s been to long in the making. I have owned the car for 17 years next year and its been on the road for three of them years of that. I am embarrassed about that so time to refocus and get back to it.