GOLF G60

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I`ve owned this G60 for the best part of 7 years now. Alot of people may remember it from yesteryear.. I took the car off the road many years ago to do some light work to it but there never happened.. Two years ago i lifted it from a friends workshop
who was ment to sodablast the engine bay but this never happened.. One Sunday me and good mate collected the car and took it to his workshop.

How the car use to look.

When we collected it..

He then took into it one Monday night and get the bay ready for welding and smoothing.

I will update with more pictures later.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Good to see this back Tufty ... loved this thing, remember being behind it on the way to Gosford park a few years back :grinning:

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Doesn't seem like 7 years!

What's the plans? Back to the way it was?

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I sold everything todo with the G60 and decided to go buy an R32 engine i bought two of them be decided i wasnt going to run with the R32 so then sold them on and bought myself a VR6 engine.

Next i wanted more power from the Vr so i invested some coin in a GT35 Turbo and a nice new intercooler just to kick start things.

While i was getting all my engine bits sorted the car started to see some work around the bay.

I sent the engine off to Powermax to get some work done to it so it could cope with around about 500bhp as the is the target im aiming for in a Fwd yes i know its stupid but we will see what happens.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@ChrisL yea it should be fun lol.
@S0NNY The time has flew by tho im glad ive got the finger out now and that im getting it done.

G Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
AI550 Evo IX GT
Vr6 with a GT35 :cool: that's going to be fun I know what fun the 35 is in an Evo when trying to get grip, it will be fun trying to get grip in a FWD

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
If the missus kicks me out then i will move into it lol.

Some pics of the progress on the body..

Last edited:

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
holy **** size of that snail, another proper thread on RMS. Good to see (y)

Conor

RMS Regular
Nice, but why not run with the 24v set up? They're generally considered more suitable for BT conversions are they not?

Great build regardless.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Thanks alot fella's I'm glad to finally be making progress with the car.

@PacMan good to see your still about I thought you went under cover a few years back..

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Conor it all came down to money at the time. I sold both Engines and tripled my money and I picked the Vr engine up at the right money. When I sat down and worked out cost's of doing an R32 Turbo it was coming out at 20k plus. When I looked into the Vr Road it worked out around 10-15k needless to say it stands me this side of 15k.. I'm still considering doing an R32 Turbo at some point.

Time for some more pics.

All the work we had done to the bay had been worthless as we didn't prime the bay up after removing all the paint. So after 4 weeks in my garage it looked sorry for its self..

8c6321ca.jpg

null_zps2a35b730.jpg

A quick before and after..
null_zps6b49f436.jpg

The After Product
null_zpsa588939a.jpg

Last edited: