GOLF G60

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I spent a few hours yesterday on the old Girl put the rear wheels back on and dropped it off the jack. At this point I suddenly realised that there maybe some room to rent under the rear arch’s I thought I’d get away with no spacers but it’s not looking like it but over all I’m happy with how it’s looking.

EAB0806B-95F7-4900-A488-44A3CF9DB204.jpeg

14937DF9-5856-4DEB-98C4-583FCB6EE8E9.jpeg

66DEF4DD-24F7-417F-984B-2C0837DE5BC1.jpeg

0730490C-7467-482F-BA9A-16EB013D8625.jpeg

The arch`s are not finished yet as we have a lip of sealer to run round the outside before we start painting. I hope to have it painted in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Well its been a long time since i updated this not much has happened with the Golf as time just got away from me and some issue`s with my health has stopped progress for abit. I have managed to get back out to the garage and make some progress lately I also booked it in for Paint next week as well so im hoping come the end of July I will have a fully painted Golf at long last. I reckon Im about 6 months behind where I wanted to be but sure its getting there..

I have found a Local guy do to a alot of carbon work for me so the black extended arch`s will be getting made in Carbon plus a one off customer front spoiler....so tonight my plan is to removed all the black arch`s and sealer so they can be sent off and done in Carbon. I also have a Carbon rear diffuser that is 50% made but the company making it are beating about the bush I paid for it three years ago and still dont have it they done the same with my spoiler it was paid for a year in advance and turned up a year later.

I have been chatting with Tillet as well about seats as I cant bring myself to fit my R32 seats as they look better in my bedroom than they do my car. So after chatting with both Pete @Brookfab and Tillet Im going to be getting these once I get one to test fit to make sure they will fit the car and me. lol

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Hope you’re feeling better (y).

Thanks alot :grinning:. I am in with the Cardiac investigation unit tomorrow so Im hoping they might have some answer`s for me. I have been suffering from Severe Hypertension but the scary thing is my BP is to high when Im sleeping so it puts me at risk of having a heart attack when I sleep. I am now on 12 tablets a day to keep me right and they are helping but the Fast Pulse to Slow Pulse is taking it out of me.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Been a few months since I updated this and to be fair things haven’t really moved on since the last time but I have wheeled it outside to see what it looks like in daylight and also it’s off for paint this evening.

The rear bumper is sitting wonky as I only put it on to see what it looks like it does need a little adjustment on the right but it will be done once all is painted.

1169FA2C-66AF-4EE4-B964-A9D9E2C289C6.jpeg

5F4EF147-7DE1-4716-A187-B3E6369765DF.jpeg

D3246124-7831-40F4-B30F-82663B818958.jpeg

2DCB1E32-3245-4FD6-BCCF-B5DFFE969E1F.jpeg

B76240E6-5903-459B-A22F-3C892D2986E5.jpeg

Also Pete @brookfab has the starting point of the jigsaw puzzle I am now going with a sidewinder manifold as it will be nice to show off the turbo plus it allows more room at the back of the engine for the exhaust pipe to run.

C7AE1188-8D5E-454A-827C-851634DB3719.jpeg

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@greyfloppyhat yes once its back from Paint its a matter of building it all back up finding out what seats i want as im still undecided and then wiring it all. I have no clue on the wiring end of things so im leaving that to a good friend todo. I even got him a loom thats fully labelled so it should make life easier.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Small update

Work is being carried out on the car and Im calling out next week to see how its coming on. I knew I should never have stuck my archs on before paint but at the time I was excited and wanted them on to see the look of the car. I have messed up with on one of the arch`s and Im not happy with the way its sitting but Im told by my painter he can fix it no bother but it will be at an extra cost it is a kick in the stones but hey I only have myself to blame. It now leads us down the road of having to fully paint the hole car including the archs and I didn't really want to paint them as I wanted to leave the rough plastic look but everything happens for a reason sooo Im just going to run with it. I`m hopeful it will look nice when done but I wont be painting them Orange im thinking maybe satin black or if my carbon man can skin them on the car I will run with that as if i was to take them off id be looking at buying an other set at €470. The one positive from it is my body man is really happy with all the work me and Pete have done so thats pretty good at least he doesn't have to go over bits and fix them.

Last edited:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
@Tufty get them painted with black texturised paint afterwards, will be back to that bumper plastic look you are after (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Need to be black or some sort, whether textures, statin and even gloss which would be the easiest kept.

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Yup defintaly black, im sure the body man will not be too hard on you for a quick masking and black coat on them after painting the rest? She is getting closer now, looks alot better than the time we pulled it out of the hedge last year lol