Golf GTI Mk2

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Picked up my new Golf yesterday from its one and only owner a retired local gentleman. Its a 85 GTI and the car is great in order for its age but there is plenty for me to get on with to bring it up to the standard I want the car to be in.

It came with a great service history with tons of VAG receipts running into quite a few thousand. The car will be getting a good clean up this weekend and desticker the back window but I have took some quick pictures for now.

Plans are.. firstly change the wheels, the owner fitted the alloys it has now 18 years ago as the original steelies were rusty. I have bought a set of 15 inch RA's to fit and I will see how it will look. I also plan to fit a 16v front splitter to beef the front up a bit, new plates not sure whether to get metro or pressed and maybe half tinted rear lights.

20130222_1230541.jpg

20130222_123101.jpg

20130222_1230161.jpg

20130222_123023.jpg

20130222_123036.jpg

20130221_203634.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Love the retro sticker bombed rear window lol.....

Interior is brilliant also

Good find and health to drive

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Love it Cormac - so clean and for the age of it. Health to drive. Look forward to seeing the progress. Casette holder is class!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Cracking find! The stickers are kinda cool, they almost tell a story in a way. I'd leave the original dealer one on though as I think it adds to the originality of the car.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Great car, love the interior and even have to love the old school stickered window. Nice buy Cormac!

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Love it Cormac - so clean and for the age of it. Health to drive. Look forward to seeing the progress. Casette holder is class!
Cheers fella!
Nice find indeed. I have 16v rear lights and a few other bits I'm looking rid of if interested
PM me more details sure(y)
Cracking find! The stickers are kinda cool, they almost tell a story in a way. I'd leave the original dealer one on though as I think it adds to the originality of the car.
Yeah the dealer sticker will be staying might try and get set a dealer plates made up, just need to find a GT Henderson plate now to get it copied.

mattyd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 octavia vrs/
That is so cool.... I love early mk2 gti's. keep it as original as u can except lower and on a set of g60 steels ;)

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah could have got the plate removed for less but I had to get it for originality, its the original County Down reg and really adds to the car I think.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Is that the original reg? Think I recognise the car but from what I remember it had a different VIJ plate on it! If not it has a twin!!
Great looking car, rare to see one as original!

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Dont be telling me theres another one just the same! I will want it too. It was bought and kept in Banbridge so it hasnt went too far. The guy who owned it wants me to bring it back so he can see it sometime. Suppose I be the same if I had a car that long.

No mate thats the only reg it has had, I have the original bill of sale with on it.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Dont be telling me theres another one just the same! I will want it too. It was bought and kept in Banbridge so it hasnt went too far. The guy who owned it wants me to bring it back so he can see it sometime. Suppose I be the same if I had a car that long.

No mate thats the only reg it has had, I have the original bill of sale with on it.

Then it has a twin and in the Banbridge area as well!

J-VW

RMS Regular
Bloody superb Cormac, looking foward to seeing me old Ra's on it. If you ever decide to sell gimme first refusal please (y)

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
cormac81 would you mind PM'ing me what you paid? I just want to get a ballpark for when I go hunting for one lol.

kippermoon

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 rs/impreza r
cracking find,lovely car and the best of luck with it! wouldn't mod it to much,has to be a good investment keeping it as original as she looks now