Golf GTI Mk2

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Very pleased with the plates had a bit of a heart attack when the front one was missing when I got home. Thankfully it had fell off onto the floor and not onto the road whilst driving. I will attach it properly to the new bumper.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Very pleased with the plates had a bit of a heart attack when the front one was missing when I got home. Thankfully it had fell off onto the floor and not onto the road whilst driving. I will attach it properly to the new bumper.

LOL thank god you didn't loss it mate . Btw the hella stickers look great on it .

civicglacier

RMS Regular
Drives
F10 / ATR / S2k
Car looks epic,..

Remember seeing it at your wedding when I was down lifting the folks from it. Top job.

Ruairi

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Got the old girl on the road today again, threw on a spare exhaust rubber mount as the other one was about to snap and that was it.

The top mounts are past it so ordering a set of g60 items. Getting these fitted and the gear linkage are next on my hit list.

Being looking for a few things to tie in with the era of the car. One of the things I have bought is retro carsport magazine sunstrip8-| I think carsport is no longer iirc.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Aye if it was red it would suit it better but no biggy it only cost a few quid, still on the look out for new wheels but no joy so far.

Rob1sp

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Cars
What sort of wheels are you looking for? I think it looks spot as it is, I can't get over how clean it looks, can I bring my car up your way for a wash?!?

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Still the same wheels I was looking for before. 14 inch bottle tops, pirelli p slots or steelies with the black plastic centres.

Bring the merc up I gladly give it a going over.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
14" steelies with the black centre cap would look lovely on that, but I'd sway towards p-slots. Gonna look at fitting new fuel line to mine for this weekend.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Ah! I knew I recognised this car!

Were you in the Jamison's garage in Carryduff parked up near the car wash bays a week or so ago

I was power-hosing the wagon when I noticed a tidy MK2 Golf GTI with original dealer badges parked across from me

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
No wasnt me fella, the car got back on the road yesterday. Theres another white small bumper from around those parts, cant remember the reg.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
No wasnt me fella, the car got back on the road yesterday. Theres another white small bumper from around those parts, cant remember the reg.

The reg was very similar and the plates looked like originals - it was another tidy example

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Been fenced off now :worried: was looking to get some photos there!

I seen that too, was disapointed.
I think its due to a safety issue as the building is in disrepair - They wouldnt want it falling down on someone in taking pics, shame tho

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Well got the mk2 back on the road for the summer and was going to freshen it up a bit but now its back off the road:worried:

The golf broke down on me ironically almost at the previous owners house who had owned it since new. It turning over but seems to be fuel problem, as it stutters an odd time.

Rob1sp

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Cars
That sounds familiar, I think my brother's Mk2 GTi had the same problem, I'll check with him.

KevM

RMS Regular
Didn't happen outside Banbridge did it? The Missus' uncle said he passed a white one quit