Golf GTI Mk5

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
With the Octavia vRS of to a good home the search for a MK5 GTI was on. Finding one with decent mileage was a lot harder than I thought. Thankfully after a wanted ad on the forum a member came up trumps.

Its a 2007 with 69k with some nice bits already done.

Lowered on AP Coilovers
ITG induction kit
Edition 30 wheels
Upgraded headunit
Mk7 Steering wheel

Being a mk5 it has the usual bubbling on the front arches due to sound deadening and they are getting sorted this month. The VW corrosion warranty is now 10 years so I be getting them done myself.

So far I have being buying little things, pressed plates, seat badges, new genuine centre caps and bolt covers and a Polo aerial.

After I get the bodywork done I'm planning to get cruise control fitted and will be after a nice cat back exhaust.

20190402_123635.jpg
20190402_123609.jpg
20190402_123525.jpg
20190402_115444.jpg
20190402_115507.jpg
20190402_115513.jpg
20190402_115408.jpg
20190313_124511.jpg

Last edited:

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Looks good! the Mk7 steering wheel brings the interior up to date a wee bit! Can you remove the paddles from the rear of it?

Gaz86

RMS Regular
That ITG added a smidge under 20bhp on the dyno when it was fitted to my old golf (y) That was my RCD510 too lol Good unit that, see if you can get the USB port too (y) Great job

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
Car looks mint and fresh :grinning: Health to drive. So many retrofit possibilities, an upgrade of cluster to MFD would look nice :grinning:

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
That looks great. Have been looking at these myself but alot haven't been very well cared for.
Yeah its a real minefield but there are some good ones left out there.

Still looks fresh.

Aged far better than the Mk6 that followed them.

Oddly I coming to like the Mk6, I think Golfs are like a fine wine they get better with time.

Love it, looks like a tidy car.

Nice job on the aerial (y)(y)
Cheers dude I wonder where I got that idea from:grinning:

Looks good! the Mk7 steering wheel brings the interior up to date a wee bit! Can you remove the paddles from the rear of it?

Not sure if I can remove them but the jury is out if its staying.
Love that Mk7 steering wheel, and the headunit. Freshens up the interior so much! Health to enjoy!
Cheers dude
Very nice! Really loved both of mine.

Do the buttons on the wheel work too?

No only have the horn, apparently I need a module to make the wheel fully work, I might revert to the old one.

That ITG added a smidge under 20bhp on the dyno when it was fitted to my old golf (y) That was my RCD510 too lol Good unit that, see if you can get the USB port too (y) Great job

Any idea how to get AUX or USB to work? The induction kit makes some roar when at full chat.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Car looks mint and fresh :grinning: Health to drive. So many retrofit possibilities, an upgrade of cluster to MFD would look nice :grinning:

Slowly getting to grips what can be done to these, must look into that.

Reactions: KJS

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Yeah its a real minefield but there are some good ones left out there.

Oddly I coming to like the Mk6, I think Golfs are like a fine wine they get better with time.

Cheers dude I wonder where I got that idea from:grinning:

Not sure if I can remove them but the jury is out if its staying.

Cheers dude

No only have the horn, apparently I need a module to make the wheel fully work, I might revert to the old one.

Any idea how to get AUX or USB to work? The induction kit makes some roar when at full chat.

Yeah it’s quite addictive lol as for the USB I’ve no idea, mine came with it sorry

Ali170

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda surperb
With the Octavia vRS of to a good home the search for a MK5 GTI was on. Finding one with decent mileage was a lot harder than I thought. Thankfully after a wanted ad on the forum a member came up trumps.

Its a 2007 with 69k with some nice bits already done.

Lowered on AP Coilovers
ITG induction kit
Edition 30 wheels
Upgraded headunit
Mk7 Steering wheel

Being a mk5 it has the usual bubbling on the front arches due to sound deadening and they are getting sorted this month. The VW corrosion warranty is now 10 years so I be getting them done myself.

So far I have being buying little things, pressed plates, seat badges, new genuine centre caps and bolt covers and a Polo aerial.

After I get the bodywork done I'm planning to get cruise control fitted and will be after a nice cat back exhaust.

View attachment 230268View attachment 230269View attachment 230270View attachment 230271View attachment 230272View attachment 230273View attachment 230275View attachment 230276
Lovely motor Cormic

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lovely car, Ed30 wheels look well on it. Loved my GTi, and it was a Cat C stager! Drove so much better than the dervs I had, hard to believe it's the same chassis.