Golf GTI Mk5

Ali170

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda surperb
Got the front wings sorted last week and the local body shop I use did a flawless job as usual.

Have replaced one of the mirror caps due to some bad scratches and bought chrome indicator bulbs for the front. I also got a pair of Bilstein b8s to replace the leaking shocks but the squeaking is still there. Going to get it looked again this week suspecting the rear ARB bushes.
View attachment 235839View attachment 235840View attachment 235841View attachment 235844
Looking well Cormic

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
The ED30 lights do look nicer in my opinion. I bought the outer section of my lights from ECP and the inners on another site. From memory it was about £140 for everything.

You can see the differences in my old thread: Tornado Red MKV Golf GTI DSG

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I have been doing a few bits and pieces to the mk5 the past few weeks. First up was to remove the induction kit, I liked the extra oomph it gave but the noise was doing my head it. It sounded to much like a TDI at times. So the standard airbox set up is back in.

I fitted an AUX output to the stereo which was handy enough to fit but it does get crackly so need to get a decent lead.

The GTI mats had the wrong fittings but luckily there was a set of non GTI but genuine mats that came with the car so was able to swap them around. No more mats sliding about as I get in.

I have also changed the registration to something a bit more catchy. I was after a decent 3 digit but @DJR Media offered me his old plate that was rescued from his old vRS and a deal was done.
20190617_114758.jpg
20190617_114813.jpg
20190617_114823.jpg

20190617_114856.jpg

Next up should be a catback and get a few dents took out that are bugging me

Ali170

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda surperb
I have been doing a few bits and pieces to the mk5 the past few weeks. First up was to remove the induction kit, I liked the extra oomph it gave but the noise was doing my head it. It sounded to much like a TDI at times. So the standard airbox set up is back in.

I fitted an AUX output to the stereo which was handy enough to fit but it does get crackly so need to get a decent lead.

The GTI mats had the wrong fittings but luckily there was a set of non GTI but genuine mats that came with the car so was able to swap them around. No more mats sliding about as I get in.

I have also changed the registration to something a bit more catchy. I was after a decent 3 digit but @DJR Media offered me his old plate that was rescued from his old vRS and a deal was done.
View attachment 239893View attachment 239894View attachment 239895
View attachment 239896

Next up should be a catback and get a few dents took out that are bugging me
Looking well Cormic nice plate

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The next job I wanted to tackle was to retro fit cruise control. I got the stalk off Ebay and had @DJR Media kindly set it up for me.

20190715_211456.jpg

Although it looked good there was no hope of getting the mk7 buttons to work properly and my OCD couldn't handle it. So back to the original wheel it goes...

20190715_205216.jpg

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Got the car serviced today with all genuine bits. Sump off with a new pick up pipe and a new fuel pump cam follower

Have had had a mad notion for a r32 but the car driving now so well hopefully the silliness subsides.

As well as looking at ed30 rear lights, I am tempted by a Valeo rear led set up but I'm afraid it could be OTT.

vuvugara.jpg

Last edited: