Golf GTI TCR

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
When I was looking for my GTI it had to have tartan seats and a manual ‘box. Never liked leather and I still enjoy changing gears by myself. As Lyons said, it’s a personal thing.

There’s no right or wrong answer.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Don’t go by other people, everyone has their own opinion. Go and drive both manual and DSG.

Totally agree, I loved my manual Cupra 280 but after driving my gtd in DSG I wouldn’t go back to a manual. It’s totally a personal choice

Reactions: DC.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Spied a TCR on Stockmans Lane on Friday, it looked to be out on a test drive. Nice looking car. Colour definitely made it stand out 😁

SEAN G

RMS Regular
Seems like the MY 20 build TCR will be getting the akrapovich exhaust as standard - no idea if there wil be a cost implication-VW could be adding the exhaust to cars to get rid of any surplus stock they have as by all accounts not too many have paid the extra for the akrapovich
Be a nice bonus if you’ve a TCR on order and the rumours are true

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Seems like the MY 20 build TCR will be getting the akrapovich exhaust as standard - no idea if there wil be a cost implication-VW could be adding the exhaust to cars to get rid of any surplus stock they have as by all accounts not too many have paid the extra for the akrapovich
That’s interesting, when I was looking at ordering a TCR there was no option for the Akra system on UK cars.

They are definitely a great car, but far too expensive and there was no discounts available. The R worked out much much cheaper with a lot more extras

SEAN G

RMS Regular
Only rumours at the minute and nothing is comfirmed
I agree they are too expensive for what they are and to me just not special enough to justify the price tag
The discounts on the R and the PP GTI to me would make me chose one of those over TCR - which is why my wife is driving a new PP GTI which we got a great deal on
Im sure there are plenty happy enough to pay a premium for the TCR - but the expected residuals/gfv don’t equate the massive difference in cost over a PP GTI - each to their own though and I’m sure TCR owners will Iove the car

davyk31

RMS Regular
Think Agnews are doing a deal on the GTI PP at the moment, £4k of a discount it says.

New Golf VIII isn’t due until early next year so GTI variant won’t be due until next Summer I would imagine.

Where are you seeing Agnews advertising Gti deals?

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Called up in mallusk definitely not the advertised 4 thousand discount available imo

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Called up in mallusk definitely not the advertised 4 thousand discount available imo
Have you tried coast2coast? They were considerably cheaper when I was buying the R. Agnews on Boucher eventually matched it when they realised I would happily go to England to collect a new car if it saved me considerable money.

Last edited:

SEAN G

RMS Regular
So the exhaust isn’t a free upgrade the TCR has now increased in price by £2400 with an increased cost also for other options available on the car
The TCR now is the most expensive Golf in the range

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular

Oh please be true, I'm build week 24 :grinning:

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
So the exhaust isn’t a free upgrade the TCR has now increased in price by £2400 with an increased cost also for other options available on the car
The TCR now is the most expensive Golf in the range
I'm guessing there may be a huge stock of these at dealers over the next few months.
3 weeks ago there was 9 TCRs on Autotrader, today there's 33 with the original 9 still available

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Divine Automotive have managed to sell their 3 door TCR. Not sure what it went for in the end as the price had been dropped a few times...

SEAN G

RMS Regular
I'm guessing there may be a huge stock of these at dealers over the next few months.
3 weeks ago there was 9 TCRs on Autotrader, today there's 33 with the original 9 still available

Think people thought they would be like the CSS and even to a lesser extent the CS and that they would be very sought after but it obviously hasn’t worked out that way
To me a even a CS with the option seats would be more desirable - they don’t sit long when they come up for sale so the depend is obviously there for them.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Think people thought they would be like the CSS and even to a lesser extent the CS and that they would be very sought after but it obviously hasn’t worked out that way
To me a even a CS with the option seats would be more desirable - they don’t sit long when they come up for sale so the depend is obviously there for them.
Would have absolutely loved a fully loaded CS with the seats, definitely a keeper.

Didn’t get that same feeling with the TCR. A bit of a disappointment imo.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Wondering opinion on standard gti230against the performance golf anybody got real strong opinions on either. Looking at a 2017golf at present .

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did they do these in black too? If so, saw one in Ballymena on Saturday- looked much more aggressive than the grey.

If not, it was a good rep!

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Did they do these in black too? If so, saw one in Ballymena on Saturday- looked much more aggressive than the grey.

If not, it was a good rep!
Grey, black, red and white I'm pretty sure

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Agnews in mallusk have a black one, thought black was a bit pointless as it hides all the nice piano black skirts, diffuser etc. The black TCR has a red TCR logo on the side, so easy enough to pick out, from the side anyway.