Golf GTI TCR

colin84

RMS Regular
Its not an R though, its still a GTI

Like comparing a special edition Audi S3 with an RS3 :p

What I'm getting at is redanni is hinting at changing to one, unless I've picked him up wrong. He has the R which to me is above the GTI TCR in a few ways .

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Anyone who has dealt with VW have any recommendations for the best dealer to talk to? Thinking it has to be Agnews or Philips?

Looking to speak to the best people about this TCR for when its gets signed of and put into production!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Anyone who has dealt with VW have any recommendations for the best dealer to talk to? Thinking it has to be Agnews or Philips?

Looking to speak to the best people about this TCR for when its gets signed of and put into production!
I’ve ordered though Agnews on Boucher Road and they’ve been spot on. Matched my broker quote without any hassle and have given me the loan of a Tiguan until the R arrives.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
For buying new ... Agnews will be hard to beat will come close to DTD prices. Phillips have a brilliant aftercare setup and are great with servicing etc, but will definitely pay a premium for your car. (I’ve been in with both in the last week)

I’d buy with Agnews and bring to Phillips for any warranty/servicing work

SEAN G

RMS Regular
Philips for me - stood in Agnew’s for nearly half an hour before anyone approached me and then for another 15 mins when I was told someone would be with me shortly
Left after that. Bought the Gtd and Clubsport from Philips couldn’t fault their sales or after service.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Philips for me - stood in Agnew’s for nearly half an hour before anyone approached me and then for another 15 mins when I was told someone would be with me shortly
Left after that. Bought the Gtd and Clubsport from Philips couldn’t fault their sales or after service.
Philips is closest to me as I live in Lisburn. Who is best to speak to?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Philips wouldn’t entertain me when I was in, no test drive offered even when I asked. Drove down to Agnews and couldn’t do enough, even replaced my wheels.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

I have a call back due on Monday so I will let you know if you haven’t heard anything.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Some close up video roll here, skip on to 2 minutes in

I have registered my interest with my contact in Agnews, it's just a waiting game now.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Some close up video roll here, skip on to 2 minutes in

I have registered my interest with my contact in Agnews, it's just a waiting game now.

Looks even better in the video. You get to see the details a lot better than what you get from the pictures. The grey looks amazing. Was there any feedback from your contact in Agnews gave you?

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Looks even better in the video. You get to see the details a lot better than what you get from the pictures. The grey looks amazing. Was there any feedback from your contact in Agnews gave you?
Just that he will let me know when he knows more details.

I seriously doubt they grey will be an option, most likely an option in Germany only :laughing:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup. Only noticed it on my way out and had to google what it was.

Are they only just out?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, I’ll have to get a better look when I’m back this afternoon then!

PMC555

RMS Regular
Drives
Sometimes

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Divine Automotive have got their hands on one.

It’s up for sale a £44995 so suddenly the above lease deal looks ok value wise.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
£45k for a Golf 🤣

Going in to have a look at this one in an hour here. Admittedly I know nothing about them but looks alright in the photos.

Edit: I see now it was 37k on the road, kinda like the Focus RS500 effect then and bumping prices up as they'll be hard to get

Last edited: