Golf GTI TCR

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
New Golf VIII isn’t due until early next year so GTI variant won’t be due until next Summer I would imagine.

I believe VW have said that the performance versions will be available from the off with the MkVIII Golf. No 3 door versions though so I'm out already.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Was out in a tcr on Friday night. Superb thing. Great all rounder, possibly a stretch at the price it’s at but when they’re sub 30 they’ll be a better proposition.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Edwin May, Portadown. have a 3door one, @redanni. On their Facebook page yesterday

Last edited:

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Edwin May, Portadown. have a 3door one, @redanni. On their Facebook page yesterday
Went in and as expected no chance of getting that car. Absolutely impossible to deal with as always:joy:

Currently trying another route here, it will be mine...eventually

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
What vw dealer would you recommend dealing with in any of u knowledgeable men know

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I also cant really say anything bad about Agnews on Boucher. They matched the coast2coast price and also gave me the loan of a tiguan when my R was delayed.

jc7891

RMS Regular
What TCR is it your after? We have a grey three door on the upgraded 19’s in Boucher!

jc7891

RMS Regular
It’s the same as that but without the graphics, think it has a black roof.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I sometimes think it’s like having an rs3 and then going to the s3 if you have an r and go for a Gti or am I missing the point of the trick set up of the tcr .??

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I sometimes think it’s like having an rs3 and then going to the s3 if you have an r and go for a Gti or am I missing the point of the trick set up of the tcr .??

No in my opinion it was the last of that model and they stuck a different colour in it and some small changes.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I've seen 4 TCR golfs, don't see the big deal with them, an R is a better car for a few grand less. You'll look like a tit trying to pull out of a junction on a wet January day :joy:

You're just paying for exclusivity imo

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Went in and as expected no chance of getting that car. Absolutely impossible to deal with as always:joy:

Currently trying another route here, it will be mine...eventually
just wanted to edit my previous post 😟

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Mmmm seems there hard to get in a 3dr then.why is the dealers not selling the 3dr ones that they have.are they strictly demo models or what.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Have few options regarding golf performances and asking your opinions please. Manual or dsg Vienna leather or the alacantra Colour choices indium grey or Atlantic blue. White is an option but worried bout keeping it clean appreciate ur comments

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Don’t go by other people, everyone has their own opinion. Go and drive both manual and DSG.

Reactions: DC.