Golf GTI TCR

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
what a super looking car. It's great that its something different too. A real shame about your experience with MB but unfortunately as they have the monopoly over here they think they can get away with trying to run roughshod over people.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Lovely golf, I saw one in Phillips a month or two ago and thought it looked well finished.

Chris Harris had a few unflattering things to say about the new A45 on Instagram the other day, he'll not be getting a free AMG any time soon lol

SmartSelect_20190817-221303_Instagram.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Cheers Pete, it ls exclusive to the TCR. Called pure grey, as its VAG I'm fairly sure it's close to Audi's nano grey.

I'll be in touch shortly about getting a treatment sorted. Just need to save the pennies as MB weren't for refunding my costs for the treatment on the A35.

Don't worry buddy I will look after you on price :grinning: any of our regulars get decent discounts 😎

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I have had my fair share of bad experiences over the years with different dealers and different brands.

This was however on another level, they lied to me on several occasions, continually denied there was a problem with the car despite two independent reports commissioned by them stated that there were. The icing on the cake was the service manager telling me to lower my expectations of the car, this was the point when I determined there was no point trying to be reasonable with them anymore.

Fantastic looking Golf wish you all the best with it.

I am another one who was messed around by an Agnew dealer service manager and fobbed off so I feel your pain, resulted in me selling the car and buying something older so I have zero dealings with dealers.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Out of curiosity I wonder what they will do with the A35? Hopefully they don’t just try and punt it on. Not a great experience at all by the sounds of it.

New motor looks great !

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Colour wouldn’t be for me but I love the details on these TCR’s. Hope to goodness you get on better with it than the A35 - what a let down.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Out of curiosity I wonder what they will do with the A35? Hopefully they don’t just try and punt it on. Not a great experience at all by the sounds of it.

New motor looks great !
It will or has been sold already I imagine tbh.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T

New motor looks great !

I believe they intend to sell it, so anyone looking a yellow A35 avoid this one at all costs. It's the only yellow one they currently have so if one comes up for sale it's my old one.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I believe they intend to sell it, so anyone looking a yellow A35 avoid this one at all costs. It's the only yellow one they currently have so if one comes up for sale it's my old one.

Plus it’s coated which they will no doubt add to the sales pitch. Mad. Are the issue(s) something which would be noticed on a test drive?

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Plus it’s coated which they will no doubt add to the sales pitch. Mad. Are the issue(s) something which would be noticed on a test drive?

Yeah, any person who can hear will be able to tell something is not quite right. When the car is being driven it sounds like the noise you hear when you walk over creaking floorboards.

There are also a number of rattles throughout the interior, and a buzzing noise coming from the drivers door area. It had a number of electronic gremlins, this wasn't such a big deal as most of them are just waiting for software updates to sort.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
What exactly was wrong with the Merc?

The Golf is class.😎

It had a number of issues, most of which I could live with. It was the build quality issues noted above that I couldn't look past.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Donnelly’s told the man who bought my wife’s old discovery sport that they sent it away to get specially cleaned for him with a special coating.......did they bollocks as PMG done it.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Saw you on Saturday, lovely car and eye catching. I was in my mk4 so no point in waving. I would have saw the yellow wagon about a lot too, it was another eye catcher, just unfortunate it didnt work out. I know another person who has just bought one who is also suffering frustrating rattles from its build.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Saw you on Saturday, lovely car and eye catching. I was in my mk4 so no point in waving. I would have saw the yellow wagon about a lot too, it was another eye catcher, just unfortunate it didnt work out. I know another person who has just bought one who is also suffering frustrating rattles from its build.

I joined a Facebook group of owners, most of them are based on the mainland. The rattling interior seems to be a common theme with them, after driving the Golf around for a few days it has really highlighted how bad the A35 was. It's a real shame as everything else about the car was great.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Such a shame the Merc was a rattly yoke inside as it looked brilliant but you've got an equally lovely motor to replace it :grinning:

Totally agree, there was nothing else close to it in terms of looks and it was a great drive. I was gutted to get rid of it, but I just couldn't have put up with the build issues on it.

I may get another one in a few years if Mercedes manage to sort out the problems.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Lovely golf, I saw one in Phillips a month or two ago and thought it looked well finished.

Chris Harris had a few unflattering things to say about the new A45 on Instagram the other day, he'll not be getting a free AMG any time soon lol

View attachment 247355

Apparently base spec is £55k, going over £60k will be very easy once you start adding options.

That's serious money for what it is.