Golf R Christmas tree

AC

RMS Regular
I haven’t had any bother with the Golf in the 3 years I’ve owned it but yesterday when driving home the dash decided to light up like a Christmas tree. It’s giving errors and lost functionality for:

ABS
Stop/Start
AFS (cornering lights)
Adaptive cruise control
Auto parking brake
Hill hold assist
Parking sensors front and rear

3E12D643-3C47-4130-9ECD-C1D75986B667.jpeg

I cleared the codes with OBD11 but they came back after a short drive.

I know it’s going to be something simple to affect them all at the same time but has anyone ever come across this before?

I’ve read it could be the battery on its way out but haven’t had time to check it yet.

KevM

RMS Regular
I don't think it's the battery. Most will be on after a dead battery, but extinguish after a short drive

Reactions: AC

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
ABS sensor could be a good shout. Admittedly I didn’t look at the codes in detail, only a scan/clear/quick run but once I get more time, I’ll look in more detail to see if it points me to a specific sensor.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
ABS sensor could be a good shout. Admittedly I didn’t look at the codes in detail, only a scan/clear/quick run but once I get more time, I’ll look in more detail to see if it points me to a specific sensor.
If you can live data from each sensor you'll be able to find the faulty sensor.

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
Happened to my mums Q2, rodent had eaten through the loom. I'd love to say I'm joking, it's been at Audi for 3 months.

Wow, that sucks! Probably unlikely here, Marley (our cat) is Conan the rodent destroyer. Was going through 1-2 a day there for a while. Picked up a rat the size of a small cat last week.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Yeah my mum has cats too. Look behind the battery, that's where the majority of the damage was.

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
I'll have a fiver on near side rear abs sensor

Good thing I didn’t take that bet. Good few passive faults seem to be linked to that very ABS sensor! Will order a new one and get it in this week.

66BF352E-C937-40E9-9BC1-3FB326D30D53.jpeg