20191123_171529.jpg
20191123_141221.jpg
20191123_171429.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Great work!

Can’t beleive the wear on that door handle area, my Ed30 had 102k miles when I bought it and there wasn’t a mark on the door handle area! Weird!
Theres like a soft coating on there and its worn off. The paint on the wing mirror switches is bubbling too. I'm wondering if they've scrubbed it with something bad. Have a spare passenger handle but I think I'll just sand them down and paint.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Theres like a soft coating on there and its worn off. The paint on the wing mirror switches is bubbling too. I'm wondering if they've scrubbed it with something bad. Have a spare passenger handle but I think I'll just sand them down and paint.

What paint are you thinking of using?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I'd be lashing half a can of satin black on the drivers floor mat @CharlySkunkWeed
It's actually a new mat , just the way the light is hitting it in the pic.
What paint are you thinking of using?
Thought about plasticote but think if it's just grey it'll look wrong. Will probably just use car paint to see. At least I can get a close colour match
Great work. I’m currently cleaning an i10 for a neighbour and god knows how they let it get into the state they did

View attachment 257457
Suncream/makeup should be banned from cars.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

ProXL do a good range of plastic colours in aerosols, smoke grey or mid grey would probably be a good match.

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6

My Touareg is the same. Headlight switch, heater controls and the window switches are all worn. Affects a lot of VW/Audi models of that era. My grab handles are leather though :cool:.

Hopefully come next summer I'll be in a position to treat myself to a nice motor and these are very much on my radar. I'll be paying close attention to how you get on with yours Adam. Health to drive :blush:

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Some miles on it mind you !

Sorry Adam. That's not the car I was trying to link too. Blame a numpty with a new Macbook Air he's trying to figure out!! The car I was trying to link to was reflex silver, sunroof, DSG, MSFW, 80 odd K miles and under 9 grand. I'll try and find it again here

Should be it now.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Sorry Adam. That's not the car I was trying to link too. Blame a numpty with a new Macbook Air he's trying to figure out!! The car I was trying to link to was reflex silver, sunroof, DSG, MSFW, 80 odd K miles and under 9 grand. I'll try and find it again here

Should be it now.
You'll find plenty to choose from at that price, and it'll be pretty good condition too.

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
You'll find plenty to choose from at that price, and it'll be pretty good condition too.

Plenty to choose from and I'm liking the Reflex Silver in them. That one I eventually managed to link to seems to have a good history and spec for my needs. If it was summer next year I'd be inquiring about it. Just need to stop looking at them now cos another car on top of the two I already have really wouldn't be one of my better ideas :laughing:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I'm amusing myself more at the 'nah I'll just buy and not really care about it that much...just use it' 1 week later you're knee deep into bringing it back to it's best (y)

👏👏👏

Worth it tho :grinning:
It's a constant battle not to do what I've always done , get a car sitting perfect. I might just leave the wee parking ding to classify it as the family shi7box :laughing:

I hit an absolute stinker of a pothole to get the nice egg in the tyre,imagine if that had been the scooby with either set of wheels on. I'd have been raging. Whereas in this I was like "meh, the tyres were going in the bin and the wheels are rough anyway"
It's really just all my mind frame has changed in not having so much tied up in a car. Like I'll keep it tidy but to a cheaper degree.

Last edited: