Golf R32 - a fixer upper

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Liked for tyres, not a fan of those wheels though personally!
I've a mate has a set of the other type (I'm not up on the model names) but have no centres (the big 5 pointed type that cover the bolts) and need a refurb. Plus he's not local.
Could still be tempted on them though as I've 2 good tyres here and getting those wheels powder coated was pretty cheap.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Car is just back from a "big" service and general check over. Haldex, dsg, gearbox etc oils & filters, sparkplugs, front discs & pads.
Next up is wheel alignment, and I've a full LED bulb kit to fit.
Still have hardly drove the car, or give the outside a proper wash.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
And you get to try out your prize from fb 😎
Yeah, even though I'd no idea what it was or ever heard of it :joy:
20191211_203844.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Interior lights upgraded to LED. Its amazing how this makes it feel more modern. Got the side lights done aswell as the footwells, sun visor mirrors and glovebox but my battery in phone died so no pics. Will do reversing and number plate ones tomorrow as it's near midnight, the joys of putting the xmas tree up hindered my plans.
Also need to look into wing mirror puddle light upgrade, they're very yellow looking now compared to the rest.
20191213_215647.jpg
20191213_223421.jpg
20191213_223512.jpg

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Interior lights upgraded to LED. Its amazing how this makes it feel more modern. Got the side lights done aswell as the footwells, sun visor mirrors and glovebox but my battery in phone died so no pics. Will do reversing and number plate ones tomorrow as it's near midnight, the joys of putting the xmas tree up hindered my plans.
Also need to look into wing mirror puddle light upgrade, they're very yellow looking now compared to the rest.
View attachment 259451View attachment 259453View attachment 259454

What kit did you go for? Looks
Well.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
What kit did you go for? Looks
Well.
A guy on FB "Imperial Automotive Lighting" , seen him mentioned in a thread on here. I'll reserve judgement till they've been in a while. I was one missing and another I cant get to fit. In fairness he sent his own "how to" videos for the fiddly ones and I messaged him really late last night and he was chatting away about any issues I had. Seems good to deal with.
I had a good guy off facebook "Total-Xenon" that was a brother of someone on here @NS Autocare but dont think they're still going.

Last edited:

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
Thats made a big differance so I'll be watching to see how they perform as it is an upgrade I,d like to do to the Touareg. One wee query, on the Touareg my interior lights dim gradually rather than just going off when a door is closed or the ignition is switched on etc. Do these LEDs dim ok too? I see you have them in your footwell lighting which in my Touareg I keep lit when the headlights are on but just set to a soft glow.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Thats made a big differance so I'll be watching to see how they perform as it is an upgrade I,d like to do to the Touareg. One wee query, on the Touareg my interior lights dim gradually rather than just going off when a door is closed or the ignition is switched on etc. Do these LEDs dim ok too? I see you have them in your footwell lighting which in my Touareg I keep lit when the headlights are on but just set to a soft glow.
Yeah they dim as per standard would when timing off after locking. Whether they dim with a switch is something I dont know. I know my side lights can be adjusted via diagnostic port as mine were set low when I got it. I cant tell if the led would've worked though as I have it adjusted to 100% at the min.
I've to chat with the guy about my missing one so I'll ask him for you then.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
its amazing how something so small modernises the whole thing.

it was one of the first things i done on my e46
I've done it to every car I've had (well, since LED was a thing) but I think only now they are getting reliable*

*holds breath . . . .

Just back from 4 wheel alignment by @RubberLover
I only live round the corner and with the short drive home it already feels better.

Gambit

RMS Regular
I've done it to every car I've had (well, since LED was a thing) but I think only now they are getting reliable*

*holds breath . . . .

Just back from 4 wheel alignment by @RubberLover
I only live round the corner and with the short drive home it already feels better.
I guess then the alignment was a tad out! Amazing how for something that costs very little it makes the car feel a whole lot better!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I guess then the alignment was a tad out! Amazing how for something that costs very little it makes the car feel a whole lot better!
Oh the steering wheel was off centre and the 2 front tyres were worn badly. Something just felt off.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
That's the wheels powder coated, new centre caps fitted and all coated with Autofiness Caramics, new tyres done with Autobrite tyre gloss, and the bolt caps done with Solution finish. Finished fitting rest of LED bulbs and removed the dealership sticker from the back window.
20191214_143559.jpg
20191214_143613.jpg
20191214_143357.jpg
20191214_143510.jpg

20191214_155613.jpg

Attachments

• 20191214_143357.jpg
    20191214_143357.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 41

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
That's the wheels powder coated, new centre caps fitted and all coated with Autofiness Caramics, new tyres done with Autobrite tyre gloss, and the bolt caps done with Solution finish. Finished fitting rest of LED bulbs and removed the dealership sticker from the back window.
View attachment 259508View attachment 259509View attachment 259507View attachment 259512
View attachment 259510

Removal of dealer stickers makes a big difference imo, loving the progress on this

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Removal of dealer stickers makes a big difference imo, loving the progress on this
Part of me thought it would be nice to keep the original dealership sticker that it was bought from, and serviced at, then I realised no one cares.
Hey @CharlySkunkWeed is that the new Hankook S1 Evo 3?!?!? Where did you get them from? Awesome tyre 😇
I'll give them a good test at some stage.