Gone and done it again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

genman

G
Decided my body and abilities don't justify the RSV4 so changed to something a little more friendly without loosing the fun and at least has room for a pillion.
20161119_142912.jpg

genman

OP
G
once you get over the initial were do my feet go it's addictive...handles much better than a cruiser even with the 240 rear tyres and the reports of the 1198 engine is true...midrange is great.
It's still a big bike physically in the bends but after riding busas bkings bandits and so on I'm used to that.
My first ducati so thought I may as well go oddball.
Comfy..easy on the arms and back and still packs a big punch.
Had to ride it home 50+ miles in slime and it was easy...a lot less nerve racking than the ride there on the rsv4.

genman

OP
G
It is and that's part of the appeal . ..162hp easy chair

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
That is cool mate - what weight are they?
Saw a bking in valencia what are they like to ride?

genman

OP
G
It's 245kg vs about 260 for a bking....drop the luggage and save about 12kg
Looks massive yet lighter than a Bandit etc
Compared to a bkings it's much easier to ride at normal pace...not had a chance to have a good run to determine it's real handling.
So easy to ride around town

genman

OP
G
There was a fella on one at McCallen's track day last year, wasn't hanging about.

Cracking bike, HTR.
it's a quick bike for sure and up to 3 figures few road bikes would pull away from a standing start but with limited rear tyre options it would be an expensive day yet could be fun as well as comfy.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Haha class Terry you don't know what to be at..class big yoke always fancied one

genman

OP
G
Haha class Terry you don't know what to be at..class big yoke always fancied one
I reckon you'd have a hoot on one...rumoured to be a wheelie monster once the plate holder is removed. Riding position is great for us old facts...lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.