Goodwood FoS hillclimb 2022

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I don't care how quick the electric stuff is on a short run, here are a couple of my own favourites from this year.

This is nuts, and the aero is just crazy, lol. Driven like a proper rally cross car too 😁 I've genuinely never heard of the base car, maybe called something else here?

And this, number 1 in this collection, can't beat that six at 10-12k rpm 🤩 (or whatever it is it's doing there, lol!)

But personally I'd have number 5 there at the top 😍

Although this is exceptional, you can actually see the speed of the thing 😎 Fan suction, ridiculous aero, 4wd, stupid power, etc.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
This year has been great to watch. Still a bucket list for me to go to.

Watched the McMurty car a couple of days ago, you’d genuinely think it’s sped up 😂 would love to see if Mercs 2020 F1 car could beat or be close to that record.

Some of the old DTM and BTCC cars sounded great. Annoyingly most of the clips on Instagram have their mics at random stages of the climb and you often hear a different car to the one you watch 🤦🏻‍♂️

pablo

RMS Moderator
McMurty is RWD. Doesn’t need the grip from driving the front wheels 😲

Also has very little downforce aero all just streamlining/stability aero. No rear diffuser etc.

Absolutely insane.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It has fan assist aero. The speed through the corners is visibly insane.

I think a modern F1 car would struggle on a short run like Goodwood. Doubt the Speirling would keep a charge for too long at that pace though?

Bryan

RMS Regular
I was watching it live over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The variety of machinery on show was outstanding. Definitely something for everyone and I really want to get over in person at some stage now too.

Hilux Dakar rally thing went well for the size of it.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Loved the footage this year found it very entertaining. The McMurtry car looks insanely fast, glad to see there was still some petrol power up there though! Cant wait to go back again I done it 4years ago and would do it again in a heartbeat.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The electric stuff leaves me completely dead to be honest. Doesn't matter how fast they are. Would rather watch something slower and noisier with more drama.

The McMurtry thing is the exception though, lol, that thing is just nuts on every level :cool: