Goodwood revival 2017

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
We were forced to attend the TVR reveal this morning. Sorry about the fleg...... I'll post a few more pics as the boredom and curtains drop.

If there are any RMSers around then please give me a shout. I'm here to 6pm today, then back to work on a coach.

20170908_080805.jpg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Come on Del, where's your revival attire? No flat cap and braces?
I was finishing a sports car project for Yamaha until late yesterday. I had 10 minutes charity shop shopping last night...... felt like a right Burk on the bus this morning as the only one not in retro clothing. I seriously didn't have time.....

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The revival had been on my hit list for a few years now, still not made it... Any year now :joy:

I had no idea TVR were still around, never mind making new cars Dell. Any more details about it?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
The revival had been on my hit list for a few years now, still not made it... Any year now :joy:

I had no idea TVR were still around, never mind making new cars Dell. Any more details about it?

A group of 6 minted enthusiasts bought the brand and breathed life into it. They approached Gordon Murray a few years back then they went shopping at Cosworth with the Ford Mustang v8.......... a little tension, swearing, spanner-chucking and blood later, the New Griffith was reborn.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Youtube not allowed in work, 4G not great in work....fml

#firstworldproblems

DMC 4087

RMS Regular
Hi chaps, searching for threads on GW Revival and this one came up...just looking some advice regarding Revival tickets for 2022. Are the 'Admission Only' tickets worthwhile or do you need to go further and get grandstand etc? Cheers

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The "admission only" gets you everywhere you need to be.

A "Roving grandstand" is very handy, just lets you stop off at most grandstands as and when you please. Not strictly necessary but great just for chilling out, getting cover if it rains, and following the races on the screens, and just have different vantage points through the day.

You can't get into the grandstands at the chicane and on the start line but you don't need that.

My favourite spots would be Lavant Corner grandstand, fantastic views from there; and by the railings at Madgwick you are standing literally yards from the circuit. Nice and quiet at that end too, very busy down by the start line and chicane.

But plenty of good viewing spots, just walk round the circuit and the infield through the day.

No need for paddock passes or any of that. You have free access to 90% of the paddock anyway, literally stepping over mechanics and toolboxes, lol. And every now and then somebody blows a whistle and race cars make their way through the crowds to and from the circuit. It's the best bit about the Revival, you're so up close and personal with everything.

Same with parking, no need for any fancy options. It's easy walking even at the far end. And you get to walk past some very nice cars on the way just sat randomly through the field alongside the mundane stuff :cool:

Do bring sturdy shoes! Comfy walking boots, full wellies if it's wet. Apart from round the start line area it's all gravel and grass.

Go! You won't regret it, it's an experience šŸ˜

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh and get the programme. It's very well made, lots of stuff to read, and the full schedule with all the race info. You'll get an ear piece which can be surprisingly handy and a few other bits and bobs.

They'll plug an app and whatnot but all that is useless. Just get the good old programme.

You only need one, it has everything for the whole weekend.