Active Deal Goodyear 94 piece socket sets

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
that screams cheap scrap to me, it doesnt mention what its made of but for £40 i reckon its that chrome vanadium rubbish, first tight nut and the ratchets burst or the socket, id pay a tad more and go for a halfords one!

edit i meant looked like drop forged sh1te

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
that screams cheap scrap to me, it doesnt mention what its made of but for £40 i reckon its that chrome vanadium rubbish, first tight nut and the ratchets burst or the socket, id pay a tad more and go for a halfords one!

Go for a Halfords one? You mean the kits made from... Chrom Vanadium Steel?

:rolleyes:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Not a bad set that for the money. Would surely suit some DIY jobs at home.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Alright for light DIY stuff, but the screwdriver bits will fall out of their holders and I can't see the ratchets being up to much.

Looks identical to the cheap 1's you'd see at the market for £25-30; same case, layout, contents, ratchet handles/shape etc etc.

shaughey

RMS Regular
OP
shaughey
Drives
E60 530D
Most of my tools are Halfords advanced but when I was at tech doing auto electrics they were using the Rolston tools and they did the job. Iv ordered a set should be here tomorrow so ill see how they are.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
It's a company called Neilson who makes branded tools for the likes of Goodyear. A budget brand and adequate for the occasional diyer

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I got a set of Nielsen pipe spanners a couple of days back. They're not great tbh. Thankfully the seller sent imperial instead of metric so I got a refund (and also got to keep them :p).

PhilM

RMS Regular
just on this topic of tools, are stanley tools a worthwhile purchase?

what makes are there out there that would be a good purchase without braking the bank.

Phil

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Halfords professional. Honestly, they're absolutely 100% for the home mechanic and they're guaranteed for life. I think there's an offer on them now too.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
I have a set of 1/2 draper expert socket set. I envisage it lasting all of my days. T'was mid £50s from North Down Motor Factors a while back - I consider this a very good purchase.

More recently I bought the Halfords 150 piece set for £80. Not as well built as the drapers, but the carry case makes it great for the car and with a lifetime guarantee on sockets and bits, I can't really go wrong.

Other than that, I know some don't like Sealey, but I've had no issues with what I've got from them. Kamasa haven't annoyed me much. Not massive fan of Laser.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Offer on halfords off, b ut 150 piece is still 100 (a claimed 1/2 price - though reckon they rarely are on at 200).

PhilM

RMS Regular
Halfords professional. Honestly, they're absolutely 100% for the home mechanic and they're guaranteed for life. I think there's an offer on them now too.

Sounds like the job! gauranteed for life too certainly sounds good!

Phil

EDIT bummer offer is off :worried:

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I have a set of 1/2 draper expert socket set. I envisage it lasting all of my days. T'was mid £50s from North Down Motor Factors a while back - I consider this a very good purchase.

More recently I bought the Halfords 150 piece set for £80. Not as well built as the drapers, but the carry case makes it great for the car and with a lifetime guarantee on sockets and bits, I can't really go wrong.

Other than that, I know some don't like Sealey, but I've had no issues with what I've got from them. Kamasa haven't annoyed me much. Not massive fan of Laser.

be careful with the halfords case as it will break in half, mine did an lost a majority of my sockets down a drain when i removed it from my boot to help a mate lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah you can get it for £90 odd any time with the trade card.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Draper Expert and Halfords Pro, I know a Toyota and Ford dealership and the mechanics in there have the majority of their stuff from them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.