Got car back from b'shop! New pics! [56k warning]

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Adam

RMS Regular
Got the car back yesterday, as you can see its a cracking job. Only problem is that the car was covered in tree sap from sitting under a tree but thats all gone now and Ive polished it up nicely! :laughing:
Let me know what you think.

GSInew01.jpg

GSInew02.jpg

GSInew03.jpg

GSInew04.jpg

GSInew05.jpg

GSInew06.jpg

GSInew07.jpg

GSInew08.jpg

GSInew09.jpg

GSInew10.jpg

GSInew11.jpg

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Pac-Man said:
looks ****! :p
Cheers honey.

Just for those that dont know, its had new arches and sills, rear spoiler re-attached and rear boot panel bonded on as it was slightly loose.

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Traffic LWB
lol, was just about to ask that

looks very well, especially in that blue colour.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Looks great adam!!

Get the original GSi badges back on and ur flying ;)

Not 100% about the wheels, what kind are they?

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
I quite like the badges etc all removed as some people still dont know what to expect.

The wheels are Teckno TK5's. They do look a bit funny in the pics but look very nice in the flesh.

Dermot

scrob said:
Not 100% about the wheels, what kind are they?

Not 100% Sure??? :p Im not sure on them at all ... Infact Adam post up a pic of your old wheels :laughing:

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Heres a pic of the old wheels.
Only problem is the car handled like crap and didnt have the same response but most importantly that all 4 wheels had been welded in about 4 places!

GSI19.JPG

Dermot

That pic doesnt do the last wheels justice either!

But i'll second that Cav's and Astra's handled like A Grand piano with 17's and it kills acceleration alot...

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I like the rims actually, they have a almost factory look about them, and don't distract from the fact its a higher spec model than normal.

Nice imo!

Gemma

RMS Regular
i reckon you should race mook in his big GSI and i will tell you what i think of it if you win lol

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
looks the ticket adam...deffo....colour looks sweet...ur black panel across the boot? is that one from a later astra? cos it seems very glossy? the older uns had a more matt finish?

Dermot

Gemma said:
i reckon you should race mook in his big GSI and i will tell you what i think of it if you win lol

The Guy at Tripple 7 Rollin road, said to Adam his was the Fastest 'standard' redtop he'd ever seen... I know who my money would be on...

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
LOL Who knows whats been done to it but its got standard pulleys so most likely standard cams. From looking at it the only external engine mods are a Scorpion decat and Piper back box but then alot of Redtop engines still put out more than standard power even 10 years later! :grinning:

The black boot panel was a little dull so I just polished it and it came up nicely.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.